This page contains CandyMeleon HD Hints for IPad called "Basic Game hints" and has been posted or updated on May 14, 2013 by MistaOuija. Let us know what you think of this Hint by thumbs voting. Note: This apple iPad game app may also be compatible with the game app for apple iPhone.
Basic Game hints
- The more candy you consume, the easier it is to level up and unlock new goodies. Check your progress on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Exclamation points always mean trouble. Ones on the ground let you know from which point piranhas will strike, while the ones on top of the screen mean watch out for falling rocks.
- Just because you ate a power-up candy doesn't make the CandyMeleon immune to attack.
- Stay away from spider webs. The CandyMeleon's tongue will get stuck temporarily.
- Score extra loot by eating more than one piece of candy at a time. It's possible to attain double, triple and super meals.
- Once you run out of hearts, you'll need to wait until more appear to play CandyMeleon. A heart regenerates every eight minutes.
- Restarting mid-game costs you a heart, so we suggest finishing the current game to at least maximize your coins.
- You don't need to use the CandyMeleon's tongue to eat, but it's definitely the easiest method.
- Coins on the ground eventually disappear, so pick them up ASAP.
- Devour ladybugs to prevent these enemies from depleting the CandyMeleon's health.
- It's always a good idea to play from the center of the screen to avoid accidentally eating bad candies.
- Earn five free diamonds for inviting Facebook friends, and 100 coins for sending messages on Twitter.
- Earn free diamonds by signing up for different products and services. These include watching videos, registering for Tapjoy.com and subscribing to Gamefly.
- You can eliminate ads and score unlimited hearts at the store, for $1.99 and $4.99 respectively.
- Low on coins and diamonds? Simply buy more via in-app purchase, though to be fair, you don't need to buy coins per se. Just play the game.
- Complete missions to earn bonuses. These range from collecting 634 coins to surviving 64 piranha attacks. Always keep these goals in mind, and check your progress to track upcoming achievements.
- Level up to unlock different types of power-up candies, which you can upgrade in the store.
- You lose accumulated gold for each piece of missed candy. In Time Attack, missing candy kills precious seconds from the clock.
Back to all Cheats
Stuck on this game? Set a specific, clearly defined question and let others answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an CandyMeleon HD expert then please try to help others with their questions.