How to use contests to your advantage and maximize your income for Extreme Fishing 2Home / iPhone - iPod /
This page contains Extreme Fishing 2 Hints for iPhone - iPod called "How to use contests to your advantage and maximize your income" and has been posted or updated on Oct 23, 2012 by French. Let us know what you think of this Hint by thumbs voting.
- Developer: Pnj Inc.
- Publisher: Pnj Inc.
- Genre: Sports
- Release: Jun 20, 2012
- ESRB: Not Set
How to use contests to your advantage and maximize your income
Here are a few tips to be more efficient with your budget while you fish, and the significance of contests. These tips are more important for advanced players who are further in the game where money is tight, and it is imperative that you are making enough profit as possible to compensate for lost lures and can get upgrades and maintain better gear more easily. I have been playing a while but I realize there is a lot I have left out. These are just a few helpful tips that I use when I play. I would be happy to answer any other questions you have about the game, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are certain hidden mechanics I still don't fully understand, like which lures are better for catching certain fish species for example, but I'd be glad to help with questions you may have. If it is a good question that I think would benefit people I'll post more guides on that topic. Thank you!
1. Always accept a contest before you fish, and base the grade on the fish you are most comfortable catching. Fishing in random areas is never as efficient as fishing for a contest.
2. Only do the private contests(make sure you have upgraded radar to catch rare fish more often.) The public ones barely give any reward money.
3. After you catch enough fish to win the contest, stop fishing and go back to port. If you still have days left in the contest, keep going to the location and immediately leaving, until the contest finishes. Get the reward and accept a new contest. Any item durability you are using that isn't going toward a contest is a waste, so why waste money when you already have enough fish to end the contest?
4. There are a few important things to take into account when you accept a contest. How many stars does the fish have to be, and how many fish for first place. These are most important. My goal is always to tie the amount of fish require for first place. You will win the reward even if you tie, so there is no point in spending more supplies on extra fish you don't need.
5. Radar - to efficiently catch 3 and 4 star fish, you will need level 4 radar at least. S and SS fish are much harder to catch their rare varieties. You will need the Aegis Radar to catch these late-game fish at high rarity for contests reliably. It's possible to catch them on normal radar, but it is a gamble and not cost efficient at all for contests.
6. Amount of fish for 1st place - When ever you begin a contest, it will tell you how many fish are required for first place. This number will either be 2 or 4. Beware though, as the contest comes closer to ending, the number will change to one fish higher. This happens every time, one hundred percent of the time. All you need to know, is that if it says you need 2 fish for first place, you will end up needin to catch 3 to win the contest. If it says you need 4 fish, you will have to catch 5 to win. You will tie for first place like I said, but in this game having a tie will still give you the reward of cash.
7. If you feel that the fish you are trying to catch is too rare to catch 5 of, just keep going to a location and leaving immediate after you get there. Do this over and over until the contest ends. Then you can accept a new contest. It is randomized, and may give the same fish to catch again, except only 3 this time. Take advantage of the fact that there is no penalty for losing contests and that you can quickly end them without using up your item durability trying to find fish you probably won't find.
Stuck on this game? Set a specific, clearly defined question and let others answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an Extreme Fishing 2 expert then please try to help others with their questions.
Posted on: 04-12-2014
Posted on: 01-03-2014
Posted on: 12-26-2013
Posted on: 10-22-2013
Posted on: 10-19-2013
Posted on: 10-18-2013
Posted on: 10-02-2013