This page contains Heroes And Castles Hints for iPhone - iPod called "Beat Siege Mode" and has been posted or updated on Mar 21, 2014 by Iron Thunder. Let us know what you think of this Hint by thumbs voting.
- Developer: Foursaken Media
- Publisher: Foursaken Media
- Genre: Action General
- Release Date: Jan 17, 2013
- ESRB: Not Set
Beat Siege Mode
After trying several times, I finally beat Siege mode. A couple of things to remember:
- You can get money going much faster than you can for the Good side.
- You only get 20 units, not 50.
- Big units like Mummies only take up 1 slot, even though they cost a lot.
- You CANNOT win by trickling out gradually more powerful units onto the field.
That said, here's how I win:
- Buy 3 clerics, right off the top.
- Get your cheap skeleton squads on the field, and fight as need to hold back the good guys. Your goal is NOT to advance, but to just hold back the soldiers.
- While keeping your skeleton population up, buy your last 3 clerics. Do not spend money on your hero, or on any units other than skeletons or basic archers. Don't try to push forward.
- Once your clerics are maxed, start buying standard bearers. This will make your skeleton troops more durable. Again, you're just holding back the soldiers and protecting your Wormwood tree.
- Once you have all 5 standard bearers, start saving money. You may want to buy the "scimitar" upgrade for your hero to help cut down peons, but additional spendage is discouraged.
- Stay alive, and they'll become harder to fight off. If you play it well, you should reach at least 500 or 600 gold (they call it dark energy) without being overwhelmed. Keep the basic 5-man skeleton squads pumping, nothing else.
- When you see the first giant (or you hit 700 before then), spend all of your money at once, calling in as many mummies as you can. Basic mummies, not runners, that'll go straight for the walls.
- The good guys will not be able to stop the sudden large wave of powerful troops. Mummies only cost 1 population, after all. After the first wave, as things die off, start throwing in Elite Skeletons, Armored Skeletons, Captains, Orcs, and so on.
- If you played it right, the fight will shift from outside your Wormwood tree to just outside the castle walls. Now is the time for Goblin Siegers, at only 35 apiece. Don't spam them, but keep at least two or three on the field.
- You may want (light) upgrades to your hero, but keep the focus on replacing those heavy troops. Armor helps, and the siege attack is very helpful at this stage. Be careful not to get caught where you can't retreat.
Play it well from here, and the casle will fall--when I beat it, the walls were coming back up and they were pushing my troops back--but the Goblin Siegers had done their work well.
Back to all Cheats
Stuck on this game? Set a specific, clearly defined question and let others answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an Heroes And Castles expert then please try to help others with their questions.