This page contains Minecraft Hints for PC - Windows called "Biomes" and has been posted or updated on Jul 19, 2011 by badboyCOD. Let us know what you think of this Hint by thumbs voting.
- Developer: Mojang AB
- Publisher: Mojang AB
- Genre: Adventure First-Person
- Release Date: Nov 18, 2011
- ESRB: Not Set
- Other Platforms
This are separate areas within a Minecraft world that have different climatic conditions.
- Rain Forest: A heavily wooded biome with abundant trees and lakes. Trees may grow with leaves all the way to the ground, and are more likely to have branches.
- Swamp: This biome will have a number of small pools, and has a greater than normal chance of containing reeds.
- Seasonal Forest: This will have more trees than Woods, but not as many as Forest or Rain Forest.
- Savanna: Largely flat terrain, with few trees.
- Woods: A biome with roughly an average amount of trees.
- Taiga: Snowy biome with the same amount of trees as Rain Forest or Forest.
- Forest: Has the same amount of trees as Rain Forest, but they don't have the extra properties of Rain Forest trees.
- Desert:This will have mostly sandy terrain, and will contain a large amount of cacti. Can technically contain trees, however many fewer than Woods, but as trees can only grow on dirt it is very unlikely to find a tree.
- Plains: Large open grassy areas, with very few trees.
- Tundra: Snowy terrain, with a similar lack of trees as in Plains.
Stuck on this game? Set a specific, clearly defined question and let others answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an Minecraft expert then please try to help others with their questions.