This page contains Left 4 Dead Hints for Xbox 360 called "No Mercy beginning shortcuts" and has been posted or updated on Apr 17, 2009 by Visigoth.
- Developer: Certain Affinity
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Genre: Action Shooter First-Person
- Release: Nov 17, 2008
- ESRB: Mature
No Mercy beginning shortcuts
When you start in the scenario called "No Mercy," after picking up your weapon of choice and First Aid Kit, the obvious path is to head towards the door that leads down a stairwell into the building. You have two other choices however:
1) There is a skylight-like structure on the roof; two actually. One is boarded up, and thus impenetrable. The other, however, is just glass which leads to a master bedroom that may or may not house infected. You can shatter the glass easily with a melee attack, or a bullet if you prefer, and drop down without taking any damage from the fall. This is a small shortcut, but it does allow you to bypass some of the beginning of the level.
2) The other shortcut is not so obvious. If you head to the edge of the roof, and walk around it until you see an air conditioner hanging on a wall opposite of the roof. It should be pretty obvious once you know to look for it. You can jump off the roof and land on this AC unit in order to bypass the interior of the building completely! There is a price however... a rather large chunk of health is taken away from the fall, and you will likely need to use your medkit right away. This can be a useful tactic on Expert, where even common infected do a lot of damage, but on easier levels it's a better choice to go through the building.
Please submit a problem for any incomplete, non-working or fake cheat listed above.
Stuck in this game? Set a specific, clearly defined question and let other gamers answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an expert then please try to help others with their questions.
Posted on: 05-17-2015
Posted on: 11-10-2014
Posted on: 06-28-2013
Posted on: 03-04-2013
Posted on: 10-11-2011
Posted on: 04-18-2010