This page contains Star Ocean: The Last Hope Hints for Xbox 360 called "Synthesis 101" and has been posted or updated on Apr 14, 2009 by vhayste. Let us know what you think of this Hint by thumbs voting.
- Developer: Tri-Ace
- Publisher: Square Enix
- Genre: Role-Playing Console-style RPG
- Release Date: Feb 23, 2009
- ESRB: Teen
Synthesis is a new mechanic that will be unlocked in item creation as soon as Sarah joins the team. In simpler terms, synthesizing an item means that you’re upgrading it. The good thing about synthesis is that you can combine even the simplest food item to a weapon, armor and accessory. Be careful though; synthesis is permanent. An item can only have up to four factors or additional effects.
Synthesis is fairly simple. Choose a weapon, armor or accessory you want to synthesize, then choose an item you want to combine it to. The game will let you see a preview of the bonuses to help you finally decide what to combine. Different items have different effects; some add ample bonuses to the stats or provide additional effects like auto-counter or attack absorption.
Some items that you may consider combining are the following:
- Natto, Barrier Breakwater - +10-15% resistance of all status ailments
- Crystal – increase chances of critical hits
- Angel Feather + - +20 to all stats
- Seeds - +XX% to various stats
- Various foods - +FOL, +EXP, various stats
- Fainting Potion - +80 guard
- Minerals - add elemental damage to attacks, shoots elemental projectile when attacked
Synthesizing an item will change its name (e.g. “item-R01”) to help you identify which item you have synthesized, if ever you have multiple copies of that item. Accessories are your best option to synthesize, since you don’t need to change them often unlike weapons and armors.
Stuck on this game? Set a specific, clearly defined question and let others answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an Star Ocean: The Last Hope expert then please try to help others with their questions.