This page contains Cheats for FTL: Faster Than Light organized by sections for PC. This game has "Simulation Sci-Fi" as genre, made by Subset Games, released on Sep 14, 2012. If you can't find a hint or secret in our list, then please check this page periodically for the latest updates.
- Developer: Subset Games
- Publisher: Subset Games
- Genre: Simulation Sci-Fi
- Release: Sep 14, 2012
- ESRB: Not Set
To unlock the following Layouts, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|Type B Layout||Get two of the three achievements for any ship.|
|Type C Layout||Get to Sector 8 with type B of a ship with advanced edition content on.|
Unlockable hangar ships
To unlock the following hangar ships, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|Crystal Cruiser||This ship is found by first acquiring the 'Damaged Stasis Pod' augmentation - as a reward for a random encounter found in Pirate Sectors, Engi Sectors|
|Engi Cruiser||Get to sector 5 with the Kestral.|
|Federation Cruiser||In a Rebel Stronghold sector you may locate a "huge Rebel shipyard". Choose to look around, this will trigger combat with a difficult opponent. Defeat|
|Lanius Cruiser||Unlock 4 ships, not including the starting Kestral.|
|Mantis Cruiser||Complete a quest involving a famous thief. This can be found in a Mantis Homeworld sector. You need to have a Mantis crew member as well as a teleport|
|Rock Cruiser||Complete a quest that you can find in an Rock Homeworld sector. One node will involve a Rock ship insulting you. Respond with the option along the lin|
|Slug Cruiser||Complete a quest that you can find in an Slug Home Nebula sector. Requires level 2 sensors or a Slug crew member. Slug ships will often surrender and|
|Stealth Cruiser||Complete a quest involving stolen blueprints, that you can find in an Engi Homeworld sector. You need to have an Engi crew member. One node will have|
|Zoltan Cruiser||In a Zoltan Homeworld sector you may be approached by a ship claiming to be an unarmed peace envoy. Choose the Hear them out type option and you'll ge|
Good way to level shield skill
To be able to level the shield skill more early, make sure you power off the shield's subsystem and then power it back up within a fight with an enemy. You will get exp eachtime the shields power on and you're able to get maximum shield level much early in the game with doing this.
Destroy an enemy's weapons to save your own health, then take out their shields when you are ready to defeat them. Fire at their engines to prevent them from escaping.
Keeping Ion Shields intact
When you are being attacked by an Ion weapon, drop your shields to prevent them from losing power. Hopefully the shot will hit a less essential or empty area.
Due to the random nature of the game, upgrades to not have to be planned in advance. Always upgrade your weapons constantly, then upgrade everything else at an even rate.
Various Gameplay Tips
- Tip 1: When you have a weapon that is unable to damage an enemy ship's hull and are safe, keep firing at it to increase your crew's experience. Disable your opponent's engines first to maximize the time you can fire at them.
- Tip 2: Enable your cloaking device when your enemy shoots, whether they can damage you or not. This will allow you to gain skill by dodging.
- Tip 3: Carefully time and cycle your shields during combat to increase experience for the crew member operating the shields.
- Tip 4: If you are attacked by an enemy that cannot penetrate your shield, do not destroy them. Remain idle to gain experience for your engine, pilot and shield crew.
- Tip 5: If you enter combat in an asteroid field, do not jump out after destroying the enemy ship. Remove your pilot to drop your evasion to 0% and allow the asteroids to hit your shield. This will increase the crew member operating the shields to gain experience.
- Tip 6: Note: This can only be done in the unpatched version of the game. Power off the shield's subsystem then power it back up during an enemy battle. You will gain shield experience each time the shield powers on.
If you know cheat codes, secrets, hints, glitches or other level guides for this game that can help others leveling up, then please Submit your Cheats and share your insights and experience with other gamers.
How do you kill it! I have attempted several times with some very good loadouts and in the end it annialates me... Please help...
Posted on: 09-26-2012
Stuck in this game? Set a specific, clearly defined question and let other gamers answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an expert then please try to help others with their questions.