Game Questions & Answers (Q&A) service lets you ask questions about video games for game consoles or PC games. So ask your Minecraft: Pocket Edition question for iPhone - iPod and get answers from real gamers or answer questions and share your insights and experience with the rest of the gaming community.
- Developer: Mojang AB
- Publisher: Mojang AB
- Genre: Adventure First-Person Fantasy
- Release Date: Nov 17, 2011
- ESRB: Not Set
Question & Answers
Answer from: Zombie
Because when zombies go out in the. Night when the sun rises the zombies die but when there stuck in the water they don't die.
Answer from: CT
Not the zombiez.. The Animalz.. (Posted to make that point.) I really dont know why they do that (drivez me up the wall) but Im sure burning in the sun haz nothing to do with why the animalz stay in the water so much.
Answer from: The Joe
I have the same problem. I have a screenshot with 17 animals (pigs, cows, chickens, sheep) huddled together on the OPPOSITE side of the world that I started building on, all in the water. Note: sheep don't seem to grow wool while in the water and need to be on land for the regrowth. Try building a fence around them and then adding a dirt floor so that they can grow wool.
Answer from: pie
Sometimes curents get them aand push them in whirlpools and sheep nee dirt with grass on it to grow.
Answer from: bluephantom
Their AI shuts off when surrounded by water. push them to lands to reactivate AI
Answer from: Msbreana23
How do you get them out because I can't push them
Answer from: hey hey hey
To push animals tap them, dont do it too much u will kill them
Answer from: Sir steve
Zombies can get stuck in water. I spawned a cow in a ocean and it swam
Answer from: Mary
I had all my animals stuck in water for quite a while and even if I pushed them out onto land they would just go back in the water, but I was able to get a few on land and eventually fenced in, this process is a bit tedious but it's the only thing that worked for me. Keep in mind your initial farm will have to be close to the water. I didn't do it in this order because I was just experimenting at the time, but this way will work more efficiently.
1. Prepare a spot for your fenced farm not too far from shore near the animals in water, make sure it's on dirt, set up your fence and then surround the farm with torches, a lot of torches like 10 or 15 so that the animals will be able to see the light at night.
2. Find the closest point between land and the animals in the water, start building land out into the water, using dirt or sand, I used both as I was just experimenting, when you reach the animals they will start to walk on your newly built land.
3. Watch them at night, they will be drawn to the light and go in the fenced farm area, give them a little push if they need it. Make sure to have 2 gates so that you can go in and out without them escaping.
Hope this helps for those with animals stuck in water, from what I read it's some type of bug in PE version. My animals were on land when I started but over time they were ALL in the water and would not come out. This is the only thing that has worked for me so far.
Would love to hear any other ideas that MCPE users have found successful.