Game Questions & Answers (Q&A) service lets you ask questions about video games for game consoles or PC games. So ask your The Secret Society: Hidden Mystery question for iPhone - iPod and get answers from real gamers or answer questions and share your insights and experience with the rest of the gaming community.
- Developer: G5 Entertainment
- Publisher: G5 Entertainment
- Genre: Adventure
- Release Date: Nov 21, 2012
- ESRB: Not Set
Question & Answers
Glass of Water- Help!
Ok.. I searched this site and found nothing so if I missed it then I am sorry. Where does Glass of Water go in our inventory?? Howard wants me to find it in the Pipes Puzzle but I am having no luck. I can't even find it in my inventory to ask for it as a gift! What am I doing wrong? This is maddening!!!
Answer from: Argh
Hi KC - this is a one off item, that does not go into your inventory.
There are 4 types of quests in the game as far as I can tell.
(1) The most common are collection quest sequences (5 quests to find items for a collection, 1 quest to complete).
(2) Spread between those are the just search the picture type quests. They ones that have symbol for modes instead of picture of items, and just ask you to, say, "investigate pictures in morphs 3 times" or "banish any anomaly" or "play any game". These quests are more common when starting out but I found them popping up again and again between quest sequences towards the end of my quests, usually before that quest disappeared and my list of quests on LHS of screen got smaller.
(3) The least frequent quest type, that also appear at the end of a quest sequence, are to look for one off items that do not belong to any collections. I think a lot of people have a set of items in the 'different' section of their inventory from near the beginning of the game that came from these types of quests (like the mosaic pieces, book pages etc). But later in the game these one off items don't go into the inventory and just disappear into the ether. I suspect the later updates that introduced these types of quests were coded so they didn't go into the 'different' tab of your inventory like the original ones because they serve no purpose and just take up space/confuse people. The point is, it really isn't an item in the game, but appears in the 'Can be Found' list for that picture/puzzle so you can win it once to complete the quest, by completing the quest you essentially use the item and so it is gone.
(4) Blatant attempts at getting you to do their job of advertising for them by liking them on facebook and following on twitter etc in return for crystals. I hate games that do this.
I suspect your glass of water is one of the 3rd type of quests in the game. There are threads on this topic, but because there are quite a few of these one off quests each thread is about a different item, so searching for the item you are currently looking for won't yield any results. Previous threads have been on the Students Notebook, the Convex Lens, The Portrait of the Guise of the Ghost, and the Mosaic Pieces. Searching these terms will give you more answers. But these are just some of the items you are asked to find that do not belong to a collection or inventory, there are more. I remember looking for wood once, and another one was for some sort of machine at the end of a sequence to build a collection that was very machine-y. The dialog box usually mentions the previous collection sequence with a 'now, if only we had this item it would work' type message.
Answer from: Sue
Hi KC :-) I don't have any information but if you type 'Lace doilies' into the search question bar, it will bring up my previous post about 'mystery tasks - lace doilies & core of dark matter'. The glass of water was mentioned. Hope this helps :-)
Answer from: Aria
I asked about those mosaic pieces in another thread...but I don't remember which thread so I'm happy I saw the explanation here LOL
@KC, I've read enough about this frustrating glass of water that I think that when they finally ask me for it, I probably won't even bother actively looking for it! I'll just play and visit and hope it eventually drops or something.
But anyway, in case you don't already do this, if you can find an item in the Can Be Found list of items for a photo, there's usually a "collection" button below it that will take you to the item and its collection group in your inventory. That may help you in the future. I haven't noticed any of the one off items like the water or doilies but presumably they will show up in the list but won't have the collection button so maybe that's one way to tell and save your wrists from scrolling.
Answer from: Sggggggg
@Aria - great description above - I had never bothered to do this before - it was a great piece of info to share.
@Argh - as always thanks for the detailed description. I have a real life friend who just started in the game and is at a low level and he refuses to complete the #4 quest type ;) I can remember just clicking the button and not following through all the way and the quest was satisfied. But do you know if they just go away once you reach a certain level? Or do you have to "humor" the request to a certain point to satisfy it?
Answer from: RatSeeker
S7- I ignored the #4 types for a while, then I finally broke down. I don't even have a Twitter account, but just by clicking on the quests they all went away (I was ready to post some comments about the annoying pop-ups before starting every game but it never let me get that far). I don't think they ever go away until you actually do them, though.
Answer from: Julie
@sggggggg - make sure you are not logged into any of the social media - then click. It takes you to the social media log in page. Close page. Task complete. (Note: This does not work for the social media awards, only the tasks.)
Answer from: vamplover
Thank you for the great explanation. I have searched a thousand times through the collection list looking for that every elusive glass of water. I also wondered about those mosaic pieces and other things in my collection that don't seem to go anywhere. Now I know.
Posted on: 03-01-2015