Game Questions & Answers (Q&A) service lets you ask questions about video games for game consoles or PC games. So ask your Airline Tycoon 2 question for PC and get answers from real gamers or answer questions and share your insights and experience with the rest of the gaming community.
- Developer: Kalypso
- Publisher: Kalypso
- Genre: Strategy Tycoon
- Release: Oct 11, 2011
- ESRB: Everyone
Question & Answers
Mission #3 achieving the goal
How can i achieve 75%
Answer from: hrc
Just lower prices to free, upgrade as much as possible, including food at the bar, hire as many 5* staff as possible ... you have enough at start of scenario to sustain huge losses on flights...
Answer from: Airbizmasteer
Hello, i want to help others with my wider answer. Because i tried to understand everything all weekend.
First of all i think that developers are idiots, and know math bad. Because this is what they ask you to do : you must get 75% of all pasangers in 1 day at rotes FRA->NY and NY->FRA . 4 people fight for this. It means that all other 3 companies must transfer less than 8% each. But, they act good. They buy plains, and do the same strategy as you. So this is very stupid and hard task, near to impossible. I advice you to use cheats for this mission, after you will get 60%. Cause i'm sure that this is real task for tutorial, to get all materials. The task could be much more real, if sabotage was opened, but it is closed this mission.
Ok now from words to step by step guide how to get this mission without cheats.
1. I started the game 10+ times, you shall do the same, wait untill 1 of other company will become bankrupt. This is the only chance to get the goal, because now you will fight against 2 companies, and to get 75% is much more real.
2. Please don't think you can get this mission fast! It will take 12+ hours to get it, so be ready.
3. FIrst of all don't try to get all pasangers, get good profit! You will do nothing without money. For this take Controler advisor, and up the price after he will recomend you (BTW advices are in news, so always watch news in middle bottom area.)
4. Use fast airplains, this is important. You must do 4 races per day, with 1 airplane. I think that best is the airplain which is look like AN22, don't remember how it name. Max 96 pasangers, this is our boy for the goal.
5. Use new plains, this is important to get max price and even more :)
6. So work with 1 rote only on profit, untill you will not get at last 7-8 new airplains on 1 the rote.
7. Use advertising max 3 times, in full version. There is no efect after this.
8. Make full salon upgrade of the cabin from the beginig!
9. You must have 5level staff on all your rotes! This is the MUST. Remeber this. First this will help to get profit, later it will help to get 75%.
10. Go to bar, and get the best food for all your airplains. This is the must too! Use "C" shortkat to go to Bar.
11. Always check rotes (The map - "M"), and corect flight plan, if something go wrong!
12. Ok then you feel that you have 8-10 airplains on the rote, and every airplain is with 5lvl staff on it and in great condition, we shall move to our goal, yes don't forgat you must have at least 50-60.000 to not become a bankrupt!
13. Now simple dump your price to zero, continue to manage your airplains, this is the MUST, and wait about 20-30 days. AFter this you will get promissed 75%! :)
As i told it is minimum 10hours of game after you will get 1 of AI bankrupt.
I spend 3 days to understand all this. Hope it will help someone. I'll be happy :)
Answer from: Az
I just find out a best way of complete the mission 3. buy the smallest also cheapest airplane. upgrade all part to the best but minimum the passengers amount, so it can travel distance 6XXX something.
level 5 of pilot, flight attendant up to level 4 well be fine because level 5 is hard to get. let's see every airplane shall be able to carry 33 passengers right!? Let's start the 1st plane at 00:00~0400 from F to N, 0400~0800 from N to F, repeat again. so it fly back and forth 2 times and maintain it 60 mins. you may repeat the same thing everyday so no need to click it every day.
2st plane 00:30~04:30 from F to N, 04:30~08:30...goes on and on. until your plane reach end around 00:30 maintain 60mins. you will get 70% of capacity.
i wish i can add some screen shot to show you. and it's only took me like 4 hours to complete the mission 3. check if there is anything happen delay the plane. reset it back to it original time line. end the day see the % of capacity, hire new employees. buy new plane. Set food to the best. but the employee on to the airplane.
set the flight time. when you done end the day, and repeat the same process.
again and again, you will see every plane add like 5% of capacity so you need around 15 airplanes in the game i was fall way behind but at the end 2 computers got bankrupt. when i reach 30% of capacity one computer player bankrupt.
about i reach 60% of capacity second computer bankrupt, too. you may check the income everyday, some computer really have poor manage skills.
never buying expensive airplane or lend to much credit from back could't pay back.
it's was not that hard.
Answer from: gimlet
I did it relatively fast on medium, with the fast planes with 149 passenger capacity. I bought 1 a day (not enough staff for more) and just constantly flew them back to back. I left ticket prices at medium, I thought I'd have to drop them and was accumulating cash to be able to drop them to "dump" for a few days but I won before that. I think it took about 10 game days. I bought 3 of the planes right off, I think the only change was making the wings big enough for fuel for the 6072 km needed, with that they were about $77 mil ea. I did one marketing campaign, and changed the catering to lobster and wine (what do I care $46 additional a passenger on a $5000 ticket, heh). I didnt upgrade plane interiors at all, but I did keep going to personnel to keep getting better grade staff. With 3 planes I was at about 60-65 percent, the top other competitor alternated 0 and 18%, the other 2 were 7-8% ea. After about 7 days, I had about 50 mil cash and got enough loan to get a 4th plane, a few days after adding that it gave me the win screen. I staggered the departure times to about every 2 hours, MOST flights looked full except a few of the night ones. Oh to keep profit up I was able to schedule 30 minute maint after every 2 round trips (4 flights). Fuel was a HUGE cost though, if I were doing it again I might try a slower/higher capacity/more efficient plane. Most days after the start I'd just check personnel, glance at schedule, maybe pay back loan and hit o for next day.