- Developer: Game Freak
- Publisher: Nintendo
- Genre: Role-Playing Console-style RPG
- Release: Mar 6, 2011
- ESRB: Everyone
Hints & Secrets
Unity Tower at oceans of Unova
Do an international trade using the Geonet to access Unity Tower, use the boat at the Unity Pier at Castelia City to travel to Unity Tower. The Unity Tower tracks people from different countries available on the Geonet. You may talk to these people and track things about them.
After defeating the Elite 4, go to the Giant Chasm with two Blisseys in the back of your party. After encountering the Ditto, send in Blissey. Let the Ditto transform into Blissey, then switch out and defeat the fake Blissey for easy experience.
Go to the second floor of the building with the scientist that wants a password at Castelia City. Talk to him, then say "Everyone Happy" then "Simple Connection". Save the game. You can now use the "Relocator" option at the main menu to transfer the Legendary Trio (Raikou, Suicune and Entei) and Celebi to Pokemon Black or White.
The following items can be found at the indicated locations.
- Amulet Coin: Unite the three dancers in Castelia City. Defeat first one by the fountain and he will ask you to find two other dancers. They are found on Narrow Street and on a Unity Pier. Fight them and then talk to them afterwards. Return to the fountain and talk to the dancer in the middle to get the Amulet Coin, which increases the money you gain.
- Big Root: Found in Pinwheel Forest or 5% chance from a wild Lileep or Cradily. This item increases the HP that results from successful Energy draining moves (for example, Leech Seed).
- Black Sludge: Has a 5% chance from a wild Trubbish, Croagunk, or Toxicroak or 50% chance from a wild Garbodor. This item restores 1/16th of a Poison-type Pokemon's HP every turn. It damages other types when held.
- Experience Share: Given to you by the CEO/Janitor of the Battle Company on the Floor 55 in Castelia City.
- Leftovers: Found in a garbage can under the Village Bridge between Route 11 and Route 12. The Dousing Machine must be used to find it. This item restores 1/16th of a Pokemon's health every turn.
- Lucky Egg: Given to you by Professor Juniper when you arrive at Chargestone Cave on Route 6. This item gives extra experience points to the Pokemon holding it in any battle it participates in.
- Macho Brace: Found in Nimbasa City, from a man standing at the eastern gate. This item will doubles the EV points the Pokemon gets in battle but will halves its speed stat.
- Scope Lens: Found on Floor 47 in the Battle Company in Castelia City. This item boosts a Pokemon's critical hit ratio.
- Power Hold items: Purchased at the Battle Subway.
- Power Weight: +4 HP EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
- Power Bracer: +4 Attack EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
- Power Belt: +4 Defense EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
- Power Lens: +4 Special Attack EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
- Power Band: +4 Special Defense EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
- Power Anklet: +4 HP EV points after every battle, 50% speed stat.
Walk over to shaking patches of tall grass to have a chance to encounter Audino. Note: Use Repel in grass to find shaking patches simpler.
Using the Nintendo WiFi connection, get the Mystery Gift (the Liberty Pass) from the main menu before April 10, 2011. Use the Liberty Pass to catch Victini in the dungeon of the tower at Liberty Garden.
Complete the indicated task to change forms.
- Arceus: Give a plate to Arceus to have it change form.
- Deerling or Sawsbuck: Deerling or Sawsbuck will change into their Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter forms depending on the current season based on the system time.
- Deoxys: Examine the meteor in the museum in Nacrene to cycle through Deoxys' Normal, Attack, Defense, and Speed forms
- Eevee: Fight enemies near the moss-covered stone in Pinwheel Forest to evolve into Leafeon. Fight enemies near the frozen ice crystal at the bottom of Twist Mountain to evolve into Glaceon
- Feebas: Trade Feebas while it is holding a Prism Scale (obtained on Route 13) to evolve into Milotic.
- Giratina: Give Giratina a Griseous Orb from the Shadow Triad on the Marvelous Bridge to change into its Origin form.
- Karrablast and Shelmet: To evolve Karrablast and Shelmet, trade one for the other with another player. The Karrablast will evolve into Escavalier and the Shelmet will evolve into Accelgor.
- Magneton: Fight enemies in Chargestone Cave to evolve into Magnezone.
- Nosepass : Fight enemies in Chargestone Cave to evolve into Probopass.
- Rotom: Open the boxes in the first door on Floor 1 of the Shopping Mall Nine to change into Rotom's Normal, Heat, Wash, Frost, Fan, and Mow forms.
- Shaymin: Give a Gracidea (from the woman in the Pokemon Center in Lacunosa Town) to Shaymin to change it into its Sky form.
Level up pokemon quickly to face the Elite Four by facing the Elite Four
I've figured this out by myself and this is for the Elite Four in Pokemon Black and White. Its a tip that helps you level up faster. First, get your pokemon all healed up at the Pokemon League. Now, you have to battle one of the Elite four-Shauntal: Ghost type pokemon user (use dark moves to do damage), Grimsley: Dark type pokemon user (use fighting/flying moves to do damage), Caitlyn: Physic type pokemon user (use dark type moves to do damage), Marshal: Fighting type pokemon user (use flying/physic moves to do damage).
Now for the Hint I want to show you. First, battle one of the Elite Four that seems easiest to you. Beat him/her. (after the battle, you should make some of your pokemon level up a few times). Now, face one that would seem hard to you. Lose to him/her. You should be bought back to the pokemon center. Keep on doing it until your pokemon are at the level you want them to be. But, why am i choosing the Elite Four? It's because they are strong, so each pokemon you faint, you'll get 2000/3000 exp. Hope this helps!
On your birthday go to the Pokemon Musical Theater in Nimbasa City and talk to the owner upstairs. He'll give you the birthday cake prop.
If you play the game on the birthday you have set in your DS system's settings, when you talk to the nurse at a Pokemon center she'll ask if it is your birthday. If you reply "YES" she'll say happy birthday.
To basically increase a Pokemon's base stats
To basically increase a Pokemon's base stats, go to one of the bridges (for example, Driftveil Drawbridge or Marvelous Bridge). There will be flying Pokemon shadows that appear on them and wings that increase a Pokemon's base stats will appear about 60% of the time; the other 40% of the time wild Ducklett and Swanna will appear. The wings that appear are:
- Health Wing - HP
- Muscle Wing - Assault
- Resist Wing - Defense
- Genius Wing - Special Assault
- Smart Wing - Special Defense
- Swift Wing - Speed
Note: All wings except the Wing will raise the base stats until they reach 255.
How catch a Drilbur
If you see a sand spinning in Chargestone Cave, Mistralton Cave or Twist mountain sometimes you will get gems or meet Drilbur most of the time.
In giant chasm (winter only) find the middle of the area outside once you get through the cave there will be a small crater stand beside it a blizzard will start. when it does walk to the exit on the opposite side of where you walked in go through there and find kyurem. it will only be there when everyone in lucanosa town is inside.
7 things to do on the Village Bridge
Here are a few things to do while you're on Village Bridge,
- Go to the Fishing House and ask the man what pokemon he wants to see
- Catch some Pokemon that are sort of below the bridge in the tall grass.
- Look for people that can make music or sing for you.
- Go rest and heal your pokemon in the last house
- Go For a Walk around the bridge and talk to people
- Use Surf and swim in the water
- Battle a few Trainers in the same place where you can catch pokemon
Catching Legendary pokemon - the easy way
Stand in front of them or a little farther away and save your game. then you can battle them as many times as you want - in a day.
Flip Your Pokemon Around on Summary Page
Open your party list and select a Pokemon you wish to turn around. Select summary and it'll bring you to a page detailing their stats. If you click their battle sprite, it'll turn around and face the other way, showing you their backsprite. If you leave their summary page and come back, they'll still be facing the way you left them.
Pokemon Black Music
There are different people and events that make the music change.
- The music also changes with the seasons. Also, as you go lower into the caves the music gets slower. Lastly, in Castelia town, the building that the GameFreak makers are in, there is one person who will, while in the room, change the music to the Team Rocket theme if you talk to him.
- Talking to the "Band" in one of the buildings when you get to Accumla Town will give the music a Piano tune and an added beat to it.
- In Nacrene City there is a man who will play the accordian when you get near him if you talk to him.
- There are kids running and spinning in a circle in Iciurrus City. A clapping beat will be added when you get near them.
- In Opelucid City (Black) there is a man with a guitarish instrument. If you talk to him an added techno tune will be added.
- In Village Bridge a man with an Acoustic Guitar will add to the tune if you talk to him. There is also a man near the bridge who will add his weird voice to the music. Another person hear will add their music to the tune if you talk to the man on the bridge named Russo. There is yet one more person who will add a whistle to the tune if you go to the top right field and talk to him.
- Anville town has a person who will add a flute to the tune if you talk to the person next to the railing when you first enter the town on the bridge.
Unlock National Dex
First defeat Elite Four, after the credits leave the house and "Professor Juniper" gives you the National Dex.
To unlock new wallpapers you have to beat "Elite four". Beat him again for more wallpapers.
Replace colors of your Trainer cards
You can change your card color (black, white, gold, purple, red, silver) by completing one of the following:
- Finish the National Pokedex.
- Get all Pokemon Musical Items.
- Beat the Elite 4.
- Get a 49 Streak in both Super Single and Super Double Subway lines in the Battle Subway.
- Get all Entralink Powers.
If you know cheat codes, secrets, hints, glitches or other level guides for this game that can help others leveling up, then please Submit your Cheats and share your insights and experience with other gamers.
When do i use light stone to awaken reshraim how do u use light stone...
Where do u get all the hm's and how do u get them?...
I have pokemon black and i need the d.n.a splicer should I get the other...
Are there any tips for beating the elite 4 like quick exp and catching Pokemon...
How do you get surf? please help!...
Is there realy a monster in the giant chasm and if so what is it and how do i find and catch it...
What pokeball do I use to catch the legendary pokemon?...
Stuck in this game? Ask a question below and let other gamers answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an expert then please try to help others with their questions.