This page contains Cheats for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim - Hearthfire organized by sections for PC. This game has "Role-Playing First-Person" as genre, made by Bethesda Game Studios, released on Oct 5, 2012. If you can't find a hint or secret in our list, then please check this page periodically for the latest updates.
- Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
- Publisher: Bethesda Game Studios
- Genre: Role-Playing First-Person
- Release: Oct 5, 2012
- ESRB: Not Set
You can obtain a plot of land in Falkreath Hold, Hjaalmarch, and The Pale by respectively becoming Thane of Falkreath, Morthal, and Dawnstar. After reaching Thane status, wait for a courier to deliver a letter to you to seek out the applicable Jarl. Then, ask to purchase a home for 5,000 gold. Note: Do this as soon as possible to avoid citizens that can count toward the required three from accidently being killed during a dragon attack or by vampires (if the Dawnguard DLC is installed).
- Falkreath Hold (Falkreath): To become Thane of Falkreath, speak with Jarl Siddgeir and bring him a bottle of Black-Briar mead. Note: This is skipped if you instead receive a letter from him bidding your audience. You will then be asked to kill a bandit leader at a random location. You must then assist three citizens of Falkreath Hold. Assisting the Jarl already counts as one, so only two more are required. For example, sell vegetables at Corpselight Farm, chop and sell firewood at Half-Moon Mill, invest in a store, or drop a piece of armor in front of Tekla and hope that she asks to keep it.
- Hjaalmarch (Morthal): To become Thane of Hjaalmarch, speak with the innkeeper about the nearby burned-down house. Investigate it and complete the subsequent quests. When that quest line has been completed, speak with Jarl Idgrod. She will elevate you to Thane once you are "known through her Hold". You must assist three citizens. Completing the "Laid to Rest" quest may count as one. For example, sell firewood to both Jorgen and Hroggar at the mill. Note: If you only need to become Thane to buy the plot of land, you do not need to assist any citizens. Instead, speak with Aslfur, the Jarl's steward, about buying a house. He will tell you that none are available, but he can instead sell you some land.
- The Pale (Dawnstar): To become Thane of The Pale, you must first complete the "Waking Nightmare" quest obtained from Erandur in Windpeak Inn. Afterwards, you must assist three citizens. For example, give Karl the miner a drink, sell iron ore to Beitild, sell firewood to Aeri at Anga's Mill, or sell quicksilver ore to Leigelf. Then at level 22, complete the quest to kill a giant.
Stock up on Iron and Corundum ingots. Iron is used for fittings, hinges, and nails which you will use frequently in building, Corundum ingots and Iron ingots are used in making locks, which can be used in making doors for the building, safes, chests, and generally anything that would lock.
You can hire any follower to be your steward except Seranna, who does not register as an actual follower. Note: This allows you to conceivably have a spectral assassin, and immortal vampire, and another follower on some missions. Take the follower to your house after the main hall is built (including the cellar). They will say you have a nice house and it needs a fine steward. Hire them if desired, then use them to fetch clay and stone to the chest outside, or sown logs to the log pile.
Stone quarries near your house can be difficult to find if you are not sure what you are looking for. To find them easier, give Seranna a pickaxe and linger near sections of stone. She is programmed to do any NPC activity available, including mining, enchanting, or just leaning. She will begin imitating mining near a quarry. Alternately, look for a pickaxe near stone.
You must become Thane (or at least liked) in Falkreath, Marthal, and Dawnstar. Talk to the Jarl or their steward to buy land. The locations of your new land will show up on the map as settlement icons.
Talk to the Jarls steward if you want your children to live in Windhelm, Whiterun, Riften, or Solitude and convert your alchemy lab into an bedroom for children. Otherwise, build children's beds and children's dressers in your own personally designed house. Note: You should probably get the bedroom wing, but if you really want one of the other wings check at your carpentry table upstairs in the main hall to see if you can build children's beds there. You will need both a bed and a dresser for them to move them in. Then, go to Riften orphanage and adopt up to two of the four children. Note: There is only one girl. You can also ask them about themselves to learn about how they ended up at the orphanage.
If you know cheat codes, secrets, hints, glitches or other level guides for this game that can help others leveling up, then please Submit your Cheats and share your insights and experience with other gamers.
Stuck in this game? Set a specific, clearly defined question and let other gamers answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an expert then please try to help others with their questions.