- Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
- Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
- Genre: Role-Playing
- Release: Nov 14, 2018
- ESRB: Not Set
To trigger Fallout 4's in-game console, just push the tilde key on the keyboard, just next to the "1" type in the leading left corner. Specific keyboards might need the apostrophe key rather, if the tilde does not work. Tapping the tilde raises a dark grey console on the lower half of the game screen that can be used to input different commands.
|A multiplier is added to your running speed, based on the inserted number.||player.setav speedmult [insert number]|
|Allows players to modify their jump height based on the inserted number. Higher numbers result in higher jumps. However, the fall damage from high jumps will still kill you, so be sure to enable god mode first.||setgs fJumpHeightMin [insert number]|
|Bump up your character's level to the number indicated.||player.setlevel [insert number]|
|Can speed up or slow down time. The game defaults to 16, with real-time being 1. Negative numbers likely slow down time.||set timescale to [insert number]|
|Causes AI to no longer detect you. A pickpocket's dream!||tdetect|
|God mode, for complete invulnerability.||tgm|
|Increase a particular skill by the indicated number amount. For example, "player.setav charisma 10" would increase your charisma by 10 skill points.||player.setav [skill] [number]|
|Increase carry weight capacity by the indicated number. No more being over encumbered!||player.forceav carryweight [insert number]|
|Kills off everyone in the surrounding area, except for Companions and other important characters, who will instead flop to the ground in need of a stimpak.||killall|
|Kills the creature of the ID indicated.||kill [insert ID]|
|No collision with objects. Walk through walls, or pretty much anywhere else.||tcl|
|Resurrects the creature indicated.||resurrect [insert ID]|
|This will complete all steps of the primary quest, completing the main story instantly. Caution: this will essentially spoil the entire game. Use this command at your own risk, or perhaps on a new character once you've completed the game yourself.||caqs|
|Turns off AI. Causes all characters to become immobile, with blank expressions.||tai|
|Turns off combat AI. Finally, world peace!||tcai|
Hints & Secrets
Getting the Perfect Storm unique weapon
The Perfect Storm is a unique 10mm SMG with a folded stock and large flash suppressor that causes 24 points of burn damage for three seconds after each shot, which makes it very powerful. The Perfect Storm is unlocked by completing a quest found in Wavy Willard's Water Park. Look for the crocodile cartoon icon on your map to find it. It is in the northwest corner of the lakes area. Interact with the robot named "Miss Annie" in the lazy river area to begin the "Cold Case" quest. To complete the quest, do the following steps:
- 1. Find the Park Security Terminal and access it. Read through the terminal messages until it is revealed that the holotape with a clue is locked in the Security Office safe. The Security Office safe is built into the floor in the room with the terminal. It requires Level 0 Lockpicking skill.
- 2. Play the tape, then travel to Crocolossus Mountain and enter the underground "Employees Only" area. The second clue is located in a cabinet.
- 3. Go back upstairs and search the mailbox just outside the Crocolossus Mountain ride. The clue will lead you to the top of the Ssslither Slide. Collect the KidSecure ID from the container. It will direct you to the Clarksburg post office, south of the water park. To enter Clarksburg, you need a Hazmat Suit to survive the radiation.
- 4. Once you reach the post office in Clarksburg, use the terminal inside. Select "[Search By Box Number]" and choose "[Box 012]" to get Otis Pike's address.
- 5. Go to Otis Pike's address (southwest) and access the terminal. Read through the diary entries to get the next clue. You will then need to go to Grafton Dam.
- 6. After entering Grafton Steel and fighting through the Super Mutants guarding the area, find five clues at the Dam to be directed to the Woods Estate. The Woods Estate is located on the southwest shore of the lakes area, just south of the water park. It is a destroyed house. Read the note in the desk on the upper floor, then return to Miss Annie to complete the "Cold Case" quest and get the Perfect Storm 10mm SMG.
Getting the Laser Minigun
Join The Enclave faction, then access the Enclave Vault terminal to purchase the Laser Minigun plans for 1,000 caps. The Laser Minigun is one of the most powerful weapons in the game.
Joinning the Enclave faction
Go to the Waste Dump on the eastern-most river on the map (just look for the large icons on the map). Once you reach the dump, search for a cave guarded by Deathclaws. Clear the Abandoned Waste Dump cave and enter the bunker interior. Complete the puzzles to unlock the location of the Enclave Vault. Travel to the Enclave Vault and accept their faction quest. Note: Before beginning the Enclave faction quest, you need Level 3 Lockpicking/Hacking skill. The Enclave will send you to a new location. Go to Sugar Grove and destroy the robot guardian. Collect the tape from the Sugar Grove terminal, then return to the Enclave bunker to turn in the quest item and join the Enclave faction.
Playthrough Strategy Tips
- Tip 1: Collect as Many Materials as Possible: Materials are extremely valuable in Fallout 76. You will encounter vendors, but everything you really need is carried by enemies or found as loot. To earn XP, kill enemies and explore areas. It is recommended to stay in the opening area for as long as possible. Unlock, hack, loot, and kill everything in the area for easier levels. Looting is not too useful on its own. There are vendors, but selling stuff is not always useful. Instead, get a crafting bench and scrap useless items. Base materials are used for crafting, and they are far lighter than standard items like weapons or armor. You can carry lots of base materials, which is very helpful early in the game.
- Tip 2: Create Bulk Bundles: You can use a Tinkerer Workbench for more than just scraping items. You can also transform base materials into a "bulk" bundle. Use the "bulk" function to place a lot of base materials into a single bundle with just 1 weight. This allows you to carry multiple bundles of bulk materials with almost no weight. You can also store the bulk bundles in your stash for later.
- Tip 3: Upgrade Skills Wisely: Place your skill points into Perception and Intelligence first to unlock Hacking and Lockpicking (two very important skills). If you want to loot everything and explore all areas, lockpicking and hacking are mandatory. Unlock perks related to those activities first, then upgrade your Strength. Strength not only allows you to kill enemies more easily so you can save ammo, but it also unlocks the Rat Pack perk at Level 8. This perk increases your carrying capacity, which is very helpful when you have to often carry most of your stuff around.
- Tip 4: Move Your Camp to Quicksave: Your camp can be used like an item, and dropped down at a new location as you explore. This allows you a safe place to sleep and save your game, allowing you to respawn at the campsite most recently used. Use your portable camp regularly as you explore, or before getting into a dangerous fight, so you can save and do not have to start too far away or lose a lot of progress if you die.
- Tip 5: Get a Gun at the Start: After leaving Vault 76, there is a corpse with a gun to your right. It only has approximately eight bullets, but if you miss this weapon, you will have to fight enemies with your fists at the start.
- Tip 6: Get Power Armor Early: You can get some Power Armor shortly after leaving Vault 76. Go to the Morgantown Trainyard, which is straight east of Vault 76. There is a partial Power Armor suit inside the train car with "USA" labeled on the side. It contains a frame, helmet, and few random armor pieces.
- Tip 7: Get a Hazmat Suit: The Hazmat Suit completely protects against the negative effects of radiation. It can be found in the Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06. You do not actually have to go inside to get the suit. Simply travel to the plant (it is the huge nuclear power plant on the west side of the map, just off the river). After entering the plant grounds, stay to the left side to find an exterior catwalk. Follow it up and around to the first roof landing to find a small exterior trailer-like office. There is a Hazmat Suit sitting on some boxes inside.
- Tip 8: Get a Mini-Gun: While you are in the Poseidon Energy Plant, there is a common Mini-Gun that spawns in this area. From the rooftop while wearing the Hazmat Suit, go up the catwalks to find a balcony with a burnt corpse standing on the edge. A Mini-Gun will sometime spawn on the wooden crates in this area. If it does not appear, it can spawn in a different nearby location. Proceed up to the second rooftop, then go to the catwalks above the interior office door. A Mini-Gun will sometimes spawn on the landing with the sitting corpse. There is one other area the Mini-Gun regularly spawns. Go up the catwalks until you reach one that spirals around a tower. At the top is a dead end with a few crates. The Mini-Gun at this location spawns very often.
- Tip 9: Get Free Materials from Responder Bots: This is only useful early in the game, but sometimes you will encounter Responder Bots that try to help you. These bots are useful if you are struggling, and will sometimes even give you free items. Talk with Responder Bots before killing them to sometimes get materials, which you cannot loot off their bodies after killing them.
- Tip 10: Get a Bobblehead: Bobbleheads spawn in semi-random locations in Fallout 76, but there is a bobblehead that spawns in a common location at the County Fair (large Ferris Wheel on the map). The Bobblehead can be found on the table covered with old Halloween decorations inside the shed/metal building on the edge of the fairground.
All Power Armor Locations
In Fallout 76, you can find Power Armor Frames abandoned in various places in the world - from locked up sheds to military installations and the darkened interiors of forgotten factories. You can often find them sitting next to Power Armor Stations, just waiting to be claimed.
Getting the Rose's Syringer unique weapon
The Rose's Syringer unique weapon can be obtained at the "Top Of The World" resort, which is located in the center of the map in the Savage Divide region. The quest for the special syringer is given by a Raider Robot named "Rose" on the top floor of the resort. Talk to Rose, and she will send you on three Raider faction quests: "Signal Strength", "Flavors Of Mayhem", and "Keys To The Past". Complete all her quests to get Rose's Syringer. Most syringers are not too useful, but this syringer turns any enemy shot with it extremely powerful for 60 seconds, and then extremely weak for 60 seconds. As long as you can survive the first 60 seconds, even high-level enemies can then easily be killed. This allows Level 10-20 players to kill Level 40-50 enemies. Note: While at the "Top Of The World" resort, you can also find a Vault-Tec Bobblehead on the Mezzanine Level, on a speaker near the elevator exit.
Getting the Artillery Cannon
To get the Artillery Cannon, you first need to obtain the Artillery schematic. The schematic can be purchased for 190 caps from a random vendor —- try the Watoga Market vendor in Cranberry Bog. The Artillery schematic can also be obtained for free by progressing in the main story until you are able to bypass the laser fence blocking a room in Fort Defiance. The Artillery schematic can be found on the desk. The Artillery Emplacement works just like it did in Fallout 4. After it is built and placed, connect it to power (requires 3 power). Once the Artillery is hooked up, you can collect extra smoke grenades from the crate. The range on it has been improved, so you can it launch from far greater distances. Throw a smoke grenade into a group of enemies, then wait a few moments for shells to rain down on the enemies. Almost anything will be killed, and you can always restock on grenades from the Artillery crate. Note: The Artillery Cannon is connected to your C.A.M.P. -- so it can be destroyed if you leave and another player destroys it.
Successfully complete the "Miner Miracles" quest to unlock the Excavator armor schematic. The quest can be started by traveling to the Garrahan Mining Headquarters and examining a poster. The HQ is located in the southwest corner of the southern mining region. The armor has a bonus stat that adds +100 to carrying weight.
Successfully complete the "Belly Of The Beast" Brotherhood Of Steel quest to unlock the Ultracite armor schematic. The schematic is locked at Level 50. The Brotherhood Of Steel faction story can be started at Fort Defiance.
X-01 (Enclave) armor
Join the Enclave faction to unlock the X-01 (Enclave) armor schematic for purchase. Travel to Whitespring Resort/Camp McClintock and complete Boot Camp.
Infinite Power Cores
To get an unlimited supply of Power Cores, travel to the Dyer Chemical Plant in the Mire (southeast region). Robobrains spawn in this area and will always drop half-charged Power Cores.
Getting Power Armor Frames
You can get a Power Armor Frame in the Morgantown Trainyard, straight east from Vault 76. You can also get one in Camden Park, in the southwest area of the map. There will always be a Power Armor Frame and Power Core near the rollercoaster ride. Another set of Level 15 Raider armor can be found on the high bridge in the first region.
Preventing Power Armor Frames from getting stolen
When Power Armor Frames are left alone, they can be looted by other players. To prevent your armor from getting stolen, make sure to stash it.
PvP without becoming wanted
When you shoot another player in Fallout 76, you basically initiate PvP. The other player can run away or ignore you (your attacks inflict 50% damage, half your normal damage rate), but if they shoot you, you will both do full damage. If you kill the other player, you can loot their junk/scrap, but you cannot steal their weapons or caps. After killing another player, you will be marked in red as a murderer to everyone else on the server. You will also reach "Wanted" status. If the player you just killed comes back and gets a revenge kill on you, they will be able to loot double the junk/scrap off your body. To do PvP without consequence, play one of the following modes:
- Hunter/Hunted mode: To join Hunter/Hunted mode, you must be at least Level 5. Then, go to the Radio Tab on your Pipboy, and select the "Hunter/Hunted" station. You will be transferred into a lobby to wait for a session to begin. A minimum of four players are required. The goal of Hunter/Hunted mode is to track down and kill another PC (player character) target. While you are hunting them, another player is hunting you. If you kill your player target, you will receive their target. Continue until you are the last player standing. There are special rewards for winning, or just doing well in this mode. Note: Once you join a Hunter/Hunted lobby, you can continue to complete quests, explore the map, and do whatever desired. You do not have to stay in the lobby.
- The Battle That Never Was mode: This is a Team Deathmatch mode and can be started at Prickett's Fort. When you arrive, an event will trigger called "Event: The Battle That Never Was". You can choose your side (Union or Confederate), and fight other players that arrive in the area. Whichever team gets the most kills wins the match.
Pyrolyzer Legendary Weapon
Pyrolyzer - Reduce your target's damage output by 20% for 3 sec.
Easy "Retro Now" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Your first holotape game can be found in vault 76 itself - but is missable. If the achievement doesn't award right away, take the holotape for yourself ('Eject' in the terminal screen) and play the game from the Holo menu in your Pip-Boy to force it to update.
Easy "Monet of Murder" Achievement or Trophy Guide
One easy way to grind this achievement is to repeatedly mod the same weapon over and over - each 'new' mod is another tick towards this achievement. You don't even need to leave the crafting screen. Low level weapons use the fewest resources, and are the quickest to find the different mod recipes for. I had a lot of aluminum and wood to spare, so I repeatedly modified a rolling pin between Chef's and Wooden skins until the achievement popped. Pipe pistols have two barrel mods that only need steel and screws - the stub barrel, and the stabilized stub barrel - so that is also quick to grind. If you have the Intelligence perk Makeshift Warrior at level 2, the baseball bat would use fewer resources than even that, since it has about six different cosmetic mods that all need just 3 wood.
To unlock the following, you have to play the game and collect/Earn achievements. You can find those earned achievements in your Game-Main menu or you can view them if you signup at one of the Steam communities.
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|A Fighting Chance||Craft a Weapon|
|A Golden Future||Complete "All That Glitters"|
|A Real Challenger||Complete 20 Challenges|
|A Solid Foundation||Become allies with Foundation|
|Ain't He the Cutest?||Collect a Bobblehead|
|American Hero||Reach Level 50|
|Appalachian HOA||Build 100 C.A.M.P. Items|
|Appalachian Trailblazer||Reach Level 25|
|Behind the Curtain||Complete Beckett's story|
|Bounty Hunter||Kill a Wanted Player|
|Breach and Clear||Win the "Breach and Clear" Event|
|Bunker Buster||Complete "Bunker Buster"|
|Code Cruncher||Hack 50 Terminals|
|Coming to Fruition||Complete "Coming to Fruition"|
|Fallout Forever||Reach Level 100|
|Field Medic||Revive 20 Fallen Players|
|Final Departure||Complete "Final Departure"|
|First Contact||Complete "First Contact"|
|Friends in Low Places||Become allies with Crater|
|Giant Slayer||Kill 5 Giant Creatures|
|Gimme Gimme!||Pick 50 Locks|
|Go for the Gold||Complete "Buried Treasure"|
|Gold Rush||Gain 300 gold bullion|
|Good Grief!||Kill 20 Players|
|Ground Zero||Be at Ground Zero of a Nuclear Blast|
|Happy C.A.M.P.er||Build a C.A.M.P.|
|Heart of the Enemy||Complete "Heart of the Enemy"|
|I Am Become Death||Complete "I Am Become Death"|
|Into the Fire||Complete "Into the Fire"|
|Junker Funk||Gather 200 Pieces of Junk|
|Key to the Past||Complete "Key to the Past"|
|Kill or Be Killed||Kill Another Player|
|LITerally||Read 20 Magazines|
|Mistress of Mystery||Complete "Mistress of Mystery"|
|Monet of Murder||Mod 50 Weapons|
|Moneybags||Possess 10,000 Caps|
|Monster Mash||Win the "Monster Mash" Event|
|Never Go it Alone!||Join 20 Teams|
|Officer on Deck||Complete "Officer on Deck"|
|One of Us||Complete "One of Us"|
|Overdue Reunions||Find the Overseer|
|Perked Up||Fully Rank Up one Perk|
|Personal Matters||Complete "Personal Matters"|
|Pest Control||Kill 300 Creatures|
|Photo Bomber||Take 20 Photos|
|Pioneer Scout||Discover 100 Locations|
|Queen of the Hunt||Complete "Queen of the Hunt"|
|Reclamation Day!||Leave Vault 76|
|Recruitment Blues||Complete "Recruitment Blues"|
|Retro Now||Play a Holotape Game|
|Scorched Earth||Win the "Scorched Earth' Event|
|Second Helpings||Complete "Second Helpings"|
|Second Skin||Craft 5 Pieces of Armor|
|Shwag||Collect 10 Bobbleheads|
|Tested Mettle||Complete 5 Challenges|
|The New Fort Knox||Gain 1500 gold bullion|
|Wayward Child||Complete "The Elusive Crane"|
|We Must Rebuild||Build 20 C.A.M.P. Items|
|Wild West Virginian||Reach Level 10|
|Wish Upon A Star||Complete Sofia's story|
If you know cheat codes, secrets, hints, glitches or other level guides for this game that can help others leveling up, then please Submit your Cheats and share your insights and experience with other gamers.
I can't find it any how to open the cheat menu! Please help...
Stuck in this game? Ask a question below and let other gamers answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an expert then please try to help others with their questions.