- Developer: Visual Concepts
- Publisher: 2k Games
- Genre: Sports
- Release: Sep 15, 2017
- ESRB: Everyone
On the Main Menu, go to features. From there, go to Codes.
|Unlock ABA Ball||payrespect|
Hints & Secrets
Complete the following goals in MyTeam to unlock the Auction House, which allows you to buy and sell players.
- Earn 3 stars in a Domination game.
- Win a Schedule mode game.
- Open a League pack.
- Earn a Challenge Token (complete all 5 Warm Up challenges).
You can earn up to 600 VC daily by simply using the MyNBA 2K18 mobile app. Another 500 VC can be earned from matches in the Quick Game, and the daily login bonus rewards you with 100 VC. Simply simulate matches with SimCast in MyLeague mode to earn VC for almost no effort. You can get up to 500 VC, along with other rewards, for answering a few questions in the NBA 2KTV interactive episodes. The episodes come out weekly -- so keep an eye out for them. Go to the 2KZone when you are exploring the Neighborhood to earn VC. You can either answer trivia questions for 25 VC each or go to the betting machine to accurately predict up to 3 matches, each of them earning you 25 VC.
- All Time Great: Player works towards being an all-time great of NBA.
- Alpha Dog: Be your team's highest rated player. It improves your overall leadership.
- Championship DNA: Win a championship. It allows you to respond faster to double teams/play better during playoffs.
- Clutch Performer: Improves capacity to improve in big games.
- Defensive Anchor: Raise defender discipline to 18 and play at least 30 games in your career. It improves teammates awareness and defensive skill.
- Enforcer: Make 10 hard and non-flagrant fouls in a single season. It improves your physicality.
- Expressive: Celebrate when the opportunity presents itself. It allows you to be more open about your feelings.
- Floor General: Average 5 assists per game over 30 games. It improves the offense of the entire team when you are on the court.
- Friendly: The player is well liked by teammates.
- Hardened: Average at least 80 percent of your team's overall minutes over 20 straight games. It allows you to not lose much skill when fatigued/injured.
- Keep it Real: Player deals with criticism better.
- Laid Back: The player more approachable and laidback.
- Legendary Work Ethic: Player works the hardest.
- Low Ego: More likely to value team success over self.
- Microwave: Make your player hot in 7 straight games. It allows your player to heat up faster.
- Pat My Back: The player likes being coddled by teammates and coaches.
- Reserved: The player does not get along with teammates.
- Spark Plug: Average at least 7 ppg over 6 straight games. It makes you more likely to be better when coming off the bench.
- Unpredictable: Player is unpredictable.
- Wildcard: Player can be really good or bad.
How to Get Ankle Breaker Badge Quick and Easy
First, start off by playing a season game! You can not skip it and you have to play through it all! After you play a season game, click continue after the game, so you spawn at the central spawn area! If you spawn by the fountain, look behind you and go to the building where it will say training facility. Once you enter the training facility, click on the button to choose a badge to work on, and click ankle breaker. After you click ankle breaker, go down to gauntlep top or something close to that, as that is the easiest drill to do a double move to score. All you have to do from there is do 2 moves and score. The easiest way for me is to do 2 behind the backs, or my rythm up crossover and drive to the goal and layup. As long as you do 2 moves, and score, shooting a 3, mid range, or a layup, it will count towards ankle breaker!
How to Defend and Lockdown Your Man:
Guide about how to properly defend your man in NBA2K18 covering a variety of concepts.
- Find your perfect "defending distance" for your opponent
- Keep the distance
- Stay in front
- Track your opponent
Find your perfect "defending distance" for your opponent
Figure out what the guy your guarding is good at. Set your "defending distance" according to that. If he is a good shooter, stay close to him. If he is a good driver, stay further away to cover the drive. The better of a shooter he is, the closer you need to defend him. The worse a shooter he is, the further away you can stay from him and focus on covering the drive.
Keep the distance
Your opponent obviously moves around the court. You remember your "defending distance" you decided for? Keep that distance at all points. If your opponents attacks the hoop, back down. If he goes further away, close out the distance so your back at perfect "defending distance".
Stay in front
In addition to your distance, you need to stay in front of your opponent at all times. No matter how close or "not-close" you guard him, stay in front. The second your sideways or behind your opponent, he has a huge advantage and is likely to score. So always try to stay in front. Thats also, why you want to guard your guy as far away as his capabilities allow you to do.
Track your opponent
And finally, track him. Always keep the relative position to your opponent the same. If he moves to the left, you do, if he moves to the right, you do. Try to stay in front of him and defend at your "defending distance" at all times, and you've got your tracking down.
How to Get VC fast
- You will have 600 VC daily for using the MyNBA 2K18 app. The app has the feature to scan your face for MyCareer.
- You will have 500 VC from matches in Quick Game.
- 100 VC from daily Login Bonus.
- One can also earn VC by playing in My Career mode from 700 -1500 (Depending on your Performance).
- The interactive Episodes of the game can also let you have 500 VC just by simply answering some of the questions. (Episodes are out every week so have an eye on them.)
- Earn Money for no efforts by simulating matches with SimCast in MyLeague.
- You can earn money by exploring the Neighborhood too.
- Answering to Trivia's each and every question will also let you have 25VC.
- You can to betting and predict 3 matches to earn VC's.
- And the last by buying VC from the Store.
Infinite VC Glitch
Note: This glitch was performed on an unpatched version of the game. It is likely to eventually get patched.
- Step 1: First off go to MyTeam and don't forget how much VC you got (ex: 1.000 VC)
- Step 2: Go to MyGM/MyLeague and START a new MyLeague.
- Step 3: Go to options / MyLeague Settings and put the Quarter minutes up to 12
- Step 4: Go to options / Settings and put the difficulty on Hall of Fame (HoF)
- Step 5: Simulate your first game with "Simulate with simcast live" only not with "Simulate with simcast"
- Step 6: Wait until your team scores 2 points or 3 points.
- Step 7: Go to "Quit" and then "Simulate to the End" (it doesn't matter if you win or lose you still get the VC)
- Step 8: Go Back to MyTeam and watch the VC you gained.
WARNING: After doing this always change the minutes by -1 (ex: first time you used 12 now you use 11 minutes) do this method until 1 min per quarter. Then wait 10 minutes before doing the same method.
To unlock the following Trophies, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|297 Problems and Domination IS One! (Silver Trophy)||Earn 297 Stars by completing all Domination modes in MyTEAM.|
|Badge of Extreme Honor (Bronze Trophy)||Level up a badge to Hall of Fame in MyCAREER.|
|Badge of Honor (Bronze Trophy)||Earn a badge in MyCAREER.|
|Call-Up Time (Bronze Trophy)||Sign a player from the G-League to a contract in MyGM/MyLEAGUE.|
|Capped Out (Silver Trophy)||Max out all of your badges in MyCAREER.|
|Development Time (Bronze Trophy)||Send a player down to the G-League in MyGM/MyLEAGUE.|
|Double Trouble (Silver Trophy)||Play a game with two players who form a duo in MyTEAM.|
|Draft, Schmaft (Silver Trophy)||Win the Rookie of the Year award in MyCAREER.|
|Get Your Feet Wet (Bronze Trophy)||Complete a 2K Pro-Am Walk-On game.|
|Grindin' Away (Silver Trophy)||Achieve an overall rating of 90 in MyCAREER.|
|Half Court...Check (Bronze Trophy)||Play a game of Downtown, King of the Court, or Dunk Off in MyCAREER.|
|Hope And A Dream (Bronze Trophy)||Sign a player to a Two-Way contract in MyGM/MyLEAGUE.|
|I Got This (Bronze Trophy)||Win a bet with Doc in MyCAREER.|
|I Got You (Bronze Trophy)||Throw a long pass using Maximum Passing.|
|I Spy Spalding (Bronze Trophy)||Find the Spalding IQ equipment in the team practice facility in MyCAREER.|
|In The Zone (Silver Trophy)||Score 50 points in the mini basketball game in the 2K Zone in MyCAREER.|
|Inception (Bronze Trophy)||Play a game of NBA 2K18 against a friend in your MyCOURT.|
|Just Say No (Bronze Trophy)||Purchase a Card Pack in MyTEAM.|
|King of Kings (Silver Trophy)||Achieve a 10 game win streak on King of the Court in MyCAREER.|
|Kit And Kaboodle (Platinum Trophy)||Earn every trophy in NBA 2K18.|
|Let Doc Do His Thing (Bronze Trophy)||Get a haircut from the Barber Shop in MyCAREER.|
|Like A Top (Bronze Trophy)||Perform a spin with the Dribble Move button.|
|Makin' Adjustments (Bronze Trophy)||Make an on-the-fly defensive coaching adjustment during a game.|
|Marathon Man (Silver Trophy)||Run 26.2 miles in the streets in MyCAREER.|
|Metric Analysis (Bronze Trophy)||Perform a stat plot using the Analytics Tool in MyGM/MyLEAGUE.|
|More Work? (Bronze Trophy)||Complete a checklist goal in MyTEAM.|
|My All-Star (Bronze Trophy)||Be named an NBA All-Star in MyCAREER.|
|My Every Day Player (Bronze Trophy)||Become a starter in the NBA in MyCAREER.|
|No 'I' In Team (Bronze Trophy)||Join or Own a 2K Pro-Am Team.|
|Perfection (Gold Trophy)||Win all 10 games of 'Greatest of All-Time' in Play Now Online.|
|Puttin' In Work (Bronze Trophy)||Complete a full-team practice in MyCAREER.|
|Rat-A-Tat-Tat (Bronze Trophy)||Get a tattoo from the Tattoo Shop in MyCAREER.|
|Ringer (Bronze Trophy)||Beat a Tier 1 team with a team from a lower tier in Play Now Online.|
|Ruby Reign (Silver Trophy)||Complete a Season ranked Ruby or higher in MyTEAM Super Max.|
|Sweet Sapphire (Bronze Trophy)||Complete a Round ranked Sapphire or higher in MyTEAM Super Max.|
|Thanks, But No Thanks (Bronze Trophy)||Renounce the rights to one of your players in MyGM/MyLEAGUE.|
|The Draft And Stash (Bronze Trophy)||Draft a player that will remain overseas in MyGM/MyLEAGUE.|
|The First Of Many (Bronze Trophy)||Earn a Call-Up in Play Now Online.|
|The Juice is Loose (Bronze Trophy)||Get a juice from the Juice Stand in MyCAREER.|
|Unleash Chaos (Bronze Trophy)||Have two consecutive breakout games in the NBA in MyCAREER.|
|What's It Going To Be? (Silver Trophy)||Make the pivotal decision for your franchise in MyGM.|
|Work Complete (Gold Trophy)||Complete all checklist goals in MyTEAM.|
|You Been Working Out? (Bronze Trophy)||Use every piece of gym equipment in MyCAREER.|
|You Do Know Jack (Bronze Trophy)||Correctly answer a trivia question in the 2K Zone in MyCAREER.|
To unlock the following Secret Trophies, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|Fish Knows Best (Bronze Trophy)||Listen to the fish in your MyCOURT.|
|Gimme A Boost (Bronze Trophy)||Purchase a skill boost at the Newsstand in MyCAREER.|
|It Isn't Over Yet (Bronze Trophy)||Use a lifeline in Pack and Playoffs in MyTEAM.|
|Man With A Plan (Bronze Trophy)||State your intentions for your franchise in MyGM.|
|On The Dotted Line (Bronze Trophy)||Acquire a Signature Player in MyTEAM.|
|On The Rise (Bronze Trophy)||Win as a member of a Pro-Level or higher 2K Pro-Am team.|
|One of... (Bronze Trophy)||Acquire a Numbered Player in MyTEAM.|
If you know cheat codes, secrets, hints, glitches or other level guides for this game that can help others leveling up, then please Submit your Cheats and share your insights and experience with other gamers.
Have 2k18 early tip off edition and i cant seem to access the neighbood setting, My main menu is diff then all the Videos ive seen about the neighborhood menu, In my main menu it shows NBA Today, My C...
Please give me hints to have higher win percentage in my career mode...
Stuck in this game? Ask a question below and let other gamers answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an expert then please try to help others with their questions.