- Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
- Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
- Genre: Role-Playing
- Release: Nov 10, 2015
- ESRB: Mature
Hints & Secrets
How to Find & Join Railroad Faction
Road to Freedom Quest Walkthrough (How to Find & Join Railroad Faction) all details in the video guide below:
Settlement's workshop requirements
Basics: The biggest part of building a settlement is the actual building. You'll want to build houses, forts, or whatever to make an actual home. Any place that has a workshop can be used as a settlement.
- Settlement Basics - Info on what you can do with this feature, perks to look out for, and tips.
- Structures - The basics of building things like houses.
- Furniture and Decorations - How to keep the interior looking good.
- Resources, Power, and Defense - What you need to keep your settlements running, and how to defend your settlements when they get big enough.
- Crafting and Stores - Ways to bring in extra money and items.
Most of the time, you'll need to clear the area out or do a quest to unlock it. Here are some things to look for when getting started.
- Structures - The buildings and fences to keep your settlement enclosed.
- Furniture - Things to put in your building, or even outside if you're into that.
- Decorations- If you're going to live in a post-apocalyptic world, you might as well make the most of it.
Go to the workshop of your settlement to start building. When you pull the menu you up, you can move around and select any of the features.You can exit the menu at anytime and bring it up again without going back to the workshop, as long as you don't go anywhere else. You can also build defenses, power, resources, crafting areas, and stores. I'll explain those later. You'll need resources, such as metal or wood, to build anything. There are a wide variety of materials needed, depending on what you want to build.
- Abernathy Farm: Complete the "Returning the Favor" quest.
- Boston Airport: Complete the "Shadow of Steel" quest.
- Bunker Hill: Complete the "The Battle of Bunker Hill" quest.
- Castle: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Coastal Cottage: Clear the area of hostiles.
- County Crossing: Complete the offered radiant quest.
- Covenant: Complete the "Human Error" quest or defeat the current residents.
- Croup Manor: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Egret Tours Marina: Placate or defeat Phyllis Daily.
- Finch Farm: Complete the "Out of the Fire" quest.
- Graygarden: Complete the "Troubled Waters" quest.
- Greentop Nursery: Complete the offered radiant quest.
- Hangman's Alley: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Jamaica Plain: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Kingsport Lighthouse: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Murkwater Construction Site: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Nordhagen Beach: Complete the offered radiant quest.
- Oberland Station: Complete the offered radiant quest.
- Outpost Zimonja: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Red Rocket Truck Stop: Unknown.
- Sanctuary Hills: Unknown.
- The Slog: Complete the offered radiant quest.
- Somerville Place: Complete the offered radiant quest.
- Spectacle Island: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Starlight Drive-in: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Sunshine Tidings Co-op: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Taffington Boathouse: Clear the area of hostiles.
- Tenpines Bluff: Complete the offered radiant quest.
- Warwick Homestead: Complete the offered radiant quest.
You will earn a bonus perk after you get a companion to like you enough. To increase your relationship level, travel with a companion more often and do not perform actions that they do not like. Send them away before you have to complete actions that are objectionable. However they can see you through walls and windows. After reaching maximum relationship level, you will have a final dialogue option before earning their special perk. To increase your chances, save the game before making the final dialogue choice. Keep in mind that Dogmeat's perks are already unlocked in the Charisma tree.
- Location: Sanctuary.
- Positive actions: Donating items, healing Dogmeat, modifying armor and weapons.
- Negative actions: Speech success, lockpicking and stealing, pickpocketing, killing non-hostile NPCs, Chem usage and addiction.
- Special perk: Robot Sympathy. +10 damage resistance against all robot weaponry.
- Location: Red Rocket Truck Stop.
- Location: Old North Church
- Positive actions: Donating items, hacking computers, healing Dogmeat, picking locks, pick lock owned, Speech success.
- Negative actions: Killing non-hostile NPCs, eating dead bodies, Chem usage and addiction.
- Special perk: Cloak Dagger. Deal +20 increased stealth damage and +40 stealth duration.
- Location: Trinity Tower.
- Positive actions: Eating dead bodies, killing non-hostile NPCs.
- Negative actions: Speech success, pick lock and pick lock owned, healing Dogmeat, entering Power Armor and Vertibird.
- Special perk: Berserk. Deal +20 extra damage when you drop below 25 HP.
- Location: Vault 114 (Park Street Station). Complete his "Long Time Coming" side-quest.
- Positive actions: Donating items, hacking computer, healing Dogmeat.
- Negative actions: Stealing, pickpocketing, pick lock owned, killing non-hostile NPCs, eating dead bodies, Chem addiction.
- Special perk: Close to Metal. Gain an additional guess and 50% increased terminal cooldown while hacking.
- Location: The Institute.
- Positive actions: Entering Power Armor, hacking computers, modifying weapons and armor, Speech success.
- Negative actions: Walking around naked, healing Dogmeat, entering Vertibird, donating items, Chem usage and addiction.
- Special perk: Shield Harmonics. +20 energy resistance.
Some companions can also become romantic interests. To start a romance, you must reach the maximum relationship with a companion, start a conversation, and choose "Romance". Having a high Luck and Charisma will be useful. If successful you will earn their special perk and can also trigger "Lover's Embrace" by sleeping with your romantic interest to get a temporary experience point bonus.
- Location: Encountered in the Combat Zone. Complete her "Benign Intervention" side-quest. She is a master lockpicker.
- Special perk: Trigger Rush. Increases Action Points regeneration when below 25 HP.
- Positive actions: Drinking alcohol, picking locks, pick lock owned, stealing, walking around naked.
- Negative actions: Killing non-hostiles, eating dead bodies, donating items, Chem use and addiction.
- Location: Encountered at Vault-81. Complete her "Emergent Behavior" side-quest. A robot that is useful with scientific and medical jobs and is skilled with a flamethrower.
- Special perk: Combat Medic. Gain 100 HP in a day after dropping under 10 HP.
- Positive actions: Donating items, healing Dogmeat.
- Negative actions: Stealing and pickpocketing, killing non-hostiles, Chem addiction.
- Location: Encountered in the Goodneighbor. Complete his "Recruiting Hancock" side-quest. A ghoul that can be very friendly or hostile depending upon your actions.
- Special perk: Isodoped. Deal critical hits 20% faster at 250 rads or more.
- Positive actions: Using Chem, donating items.
- Negative actions: Walking around naked, stealing, killing non-hostile NPCs.
- Location: Encountered near the third rail in the Goodneighbor. Complete his "Long Road Ahead" side-quest. An excellent sniper that can provide cover fire.
- Special perk: Killshot. Increases headshot accuracy in V.A.T.S. by 20%.
- Positive actions: Lockpicking and stealing, Speech success.
- Negative actions: Killing non-hostile NPCs, donating items, Chem addiction.
- Location: Encountered in the Cambridge Police Station. Gives excellent backup during combat and is a battlefield expert.
- Special perk: Know Your Enemy. Deals +20 bonus damage to Feral Ghouls, Super Mutants, and Synths.
- Positive actions: Entering Power Armor and Vertibird, modifying armor and weapons.
- Negative actions: Stealing and pickpocketing, pick lock owned, murdering non-hostile NPCs, eating dead bodies, using Chem.
- Location: Encountered in Diamond City. Complete her "Story of the Century" side-quest. Has a good aim and can provide cover fire with a standard pistol.
- Special perk: Gift of Gab. Earn double experience when discovering new locations and completing Speech challenges.
- Positive actions: Donating items, healing Dogmeat, lockpicking.
- Negative actions: Stealing, pick lock owned, killing non-hostile NPCs, eating dead bodies.
- Location: Encoutnered in the Museum of Freedom. Skilled with a Laser Musket.
- Special perk: United We Stand. Gain +20 damage resistance and deal +20 extra damage when confronting three or more enemies.
- Positive actions: Donating items, modifying weapons.
- Negative actions: Stealing and pickpocketing, pick locked owned, killing non-hostile NPCs, eating dead bodies, Chem addiction.
Bobbleheads bonus locations
Find the indicated Bobblehead to gain the corresponding bonus:
- Location: Wreck of the FMS Northern Star.
- Bonus: +1 Agility.
- Location: Longneck Lukowski's Cannery.
- Bonus: +5% improvement in prices.
- Location: Vault 95
- Bonus: +25% to critical damage dealt with heavy weapons.
- Location: Parsons State Insane Asylum.
- Bonus: +1 Charisma.
- Location: Poseidon Energy.
- Bonus: +1 Endurance.
- Location: Fort Hagen.
- Bonus: Boosts critical damage by 25%when using heavy weapons.
- Location: Saugus Ironworks.
- Bonus: Boosts damage by 15 percent% when using explosives.
- Location: Boston Public Library.
- Bonus: +1 Intelligence.
- Location: Pickman Gallery.
- Bonus: Easier lockpicking.
- Location: Spectacle Island.
- Bonus: +1 Luck.
- Location: Vault 81.
- Bonus: Boosts Stimpaks healing by 10%.
- Location: Trinity Tower.
- Bonus: Boosts critical damage by 25% for melee weapons.
- Location: Museum of Freedom.
- Bonus: +1 Perception.
- Location: Corvega Assembly Plant.
- Bonus: +10% to the life of Fusion Cores.
- Location: Malden Middle School - Vault 75.
- Bonus: One extra guess when hacking terminals.
- Location: Gunners Plaza.
- Bonus: Boosts critical damage by 25% when using ballistic weapons.
- Location: Dunwich Borers.
- Bonus: 10% easier to remain undetected.
- Location: Park Street Station - Vault 114.
- Bonus: All vendors feature 100 additional bartering caps.
- Location: Mass Fusion Building.
- Bonus: +1 Strength.
- Location: Atom Cats Garage.
- Bonus: Boosts critical damage by 25% percent for unarmed attacks.
Various issues of the following magazines can be collected to gain the listed bonus.
- You're S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! And Astoundingly Awesome Tales: Typically add 5% to damage against a selection of enemies or make it easier to heal radiation damage.
- Grognak The Barbarian: Typically add to the damage dealt with melee or unarmed attacks.
- Guns And Bullets: Add about 5% to critical damage.
- Hot Rodder: Cusomize Power Armor with up to three new paint jobs.
- La Coiffe: Two new hairstyles.
- Live And Love: Add perks to influence companions, or give you an extra boost when they are around.
- Massachusetts Surgical Journal: Increases limb damage by 2%.
- Picket Fences: Unknown.
- RobCo FUN!: Get Holotape games.
- Taboo Tattoos: Get up to five different tattoos.
- Tales Of A Junktown Jerky Vendor: Improve prices when purchasing from vendors.
- Tesla Science: Add 5% to your energy weapon.
- Total Hack: Hack through Protectrons, spotlights, and turrets.
- Tumblers Today: Bonus on lockpicking.
- U.S. Covert Operations Manual: Improved sneaking.
- Unstoppables: Add 1% percent of avoiding all damage from an attack.
- Wasteland Survival Guide : Collect extra meat from all animal kills.
Legendary weapon effects
Legendary weapon effects are bonuses obtained by defeating certain Legendary enemies:
- Assassin's: Deal 50% increased damage against humans.
- Automatic: Automatic fire mode.
- Berserker's: Deal increased damage depending upon your damage resistance.
- Bloodied: Deal increased damage depending upon your health.
- Cavalier's: Take 15% decreased damage while blocking or sprinting.
- Crippling: Deal 50% more limb damage.
- Enraging: Your targets frenzy with critical hits.
- Explosive: Your bullets to explode on impact dealing 15 area of effect damage.
- Exterminator's: Deal 50% increased damage against Mirelurks and bugs.
- Freezing: Deal +10 cryo-damage and freeze targets with critical hits.
- Furious: Deal increased damage with each consecutive hit on the same target.
- Ghoul Slayer's: Deal 50% increased damage against Ghouls.
- Hunter's: Deal 50% increased damage against animals.
- Incendiary: Set targets on fire for +15 damage.
- Instigating: Deal double damage to full health targets.
- Irradiated: Deal +50 radiation damage.
- Junkie's: Deal increased damage depending upon the withdrawal effects.
- Kneecapper: 20% chance to cripple targets' legs.
- Lucky Weapon: Deal double damage with critical shots with critical meters refilling 15% faster.
- Medic's: Heals targets instead of dealing damage to them.
- Mutant Slayer's: Deal 50% increased damage against Super Mutants.
- Never Ending: Unlimited ammo capacity.
- Nimble: 75% faster movement speed while ADS.
- Nocturnal: Deal increased damage at night and decreased damage during the day.
- Penetrating: Negate 30% of the target's damage resistance and energy resistance.
- Plasma Infused: Turn enemies into goo and add +10 points of energy damage.
- Poisoner's: Poison targets for 10 seconds.
- Powerful: +25 extra damage.
- Quickdraw: Decrease Action Points cost by 25%.
- Rapid: 25% increased rate-of-fire and 15% increased reload speed.
- Relentless: Refill Action Points with critical hits.
- Sentinel's: 15% decreased damage while static.
- Staggering: Stagger enemies with each hit.
- Stalker's: When not in combat, increases VATS accuracy at the cost of increased Action Points.
- Troubleshooter's: Deal 50% increased damage against robots.
- Two Shot: Shoot additional projectiles.
- VATS Enhanced: Increases VATS hit chances, decreases Action Points cost by 25% and 40%.
- Violent: Deal 25% damage and limb damage with increasing recoil.
- Wounding: Bleed target for +25 additional damage.
Unique weapon locations
The following weapons can be purchased from vendors, received after completing certain quests, or looting certain enemies.
2076 World Series Baseball Bat
- Bonus: Minor chance of flying targets.
- Location: Jamaica Plain City Hall reward.
- Bonus: Minor chance of igniting targets.
- Location: Side with Fahrenheit during "The Big Dig".
Automatic Laser Musket
- Bonus: Automatic fire.
- Location: Acquired during the Minutemen quest "The Nuclear Option".
- Bonus: +50 increased damage against Super Mutants.
- Location: Purchased from Teagan in the Prydwen.
- Bonus: Fire an extra projectile.
- Location: Purchase from Arturo at Diamond City.
- Bonus: +20 chance of crippling target's legs
- Location: Found inside Walden Pond.
- Bonus: n/a
- Location: Complete "Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution".
Death From Above
- Bonus: ADS with +75 increased movement speed.
- Location: Reach Paladin and buy it from Proctor Teagan.
- Bonus: n/a
- Location: Complete the "Devil's Due" optional mission.
- Bonus: n/a
- Location: Complete the Railroad quest "Tradecraft".
- Bonus: Additional limb damage.
- Location: Found during Detective Case Files "Long Time Coming".
- Bonus: +25 increased rate of fire and +15 reload speed.
- Location: Purchase from the Institute Requisitions in the Institute.
- Bonus: +25 increased rate of fire and +15 reload speed.
- Location: Acquired from Elder Maxson during Institute quest "Airship Down" or the Railroad quest "Precipice of War".
Furious Power Fist
- Bonus: Increased damage on the same target with each hit
- Location: Remove the threat of Swan in Boston Common.
General Chao's Revenge
- Bonus: +50 damage against robots.
- Location: Purchase from Trudy in the Drumlin Diner.
- Bonus: Cause frenzy with critical hits.
- Location: Acquired from Clint Elevated Freeway Camp.
- Bonus: Cause stagger and increased damage with bleed.
- Location: Inside a display case in Hubris Comics.
HalluciGen Gas Grenade
- Bonus: Cause frenzy for 60 seconds.
- Location: Craft it using the material inside the basement laboratory of HalluciGen, Inc.
- Bonus: Zao's sub missile strike.
- Location: Complete "Here There Be Monsters".
- Bonus: Spawn Synths at beacon's location
- Location: Complete the Institute quest "Airship Down".
- Bonus: n/a
- Location: Located in the ArcJet Systems during the Brotherhood of Steel quest "Call to Arms".
- Bonus: Cause stagger chances.
- Location: Purchase from Penny in the Covenant.
- Bonus: Fill AP with critical hits.
- Location: Found during the main quest "Reunions".
Les Fusil Teribles
- Bonus: +25 limb damage with increased recoil.
- Location: Found inside the Captain's cabin in Libertalia.
- Bonus: Push targets away with telekinesis.
- Location: Complete Cabot House.
- Bonus: 2x damage to full-HP targets.
- Location: Purchased from Arturo in Diamond City.
- Bonus: +50 damage against human.s
- Location: Purchase from KL-E-O in the Goodneighbor.
- Bonus: Increased sneak damage and bleed effects.
- Location: Side with Pickman.
- Bonus: Unlimited ammo.
- Location: Inside a Master locked safe in the University Credit Union.
- Bonus: n/a
- Location: Complete the Railroad quest "Underground Undercover".
- Bonus: +50 damage against Mirelurks and bugs.
- Location: Help Barney during Misc. quest "Barney Rook".
- Bonus: Take 15% decreased damage when static.
- Location: Purchase from Level 4 Workshop Merchant.
- Bonus: 2x damage on critical hits and refills Critical Meter 15% faster.
- Location: Complete Brotherhood of Steel quest "Call to Arms".
- Bonus: 40% less Action Point cost.
- Location: Purchase from Moe in the Diamond City.
- Bonus: 2x damage to full-HP targets.
- Location: Purchase from Proctor Teagan after reaching Sentinel.
Shem Drowne's Sword
- Bonus: Deal radiation damage.
- Location: Found during Detective Case Files: "The Guilded Grasshopper".
- Bonus: n/a
- Location: Acquired from Slag in the Blast Furnace
- Bonus: Bullets explode on impact dealing 15 area of effect damage.
- Location: Purchase from Cricket, the caravan trader.
- Bonus: Increased damage at low HP.
- Location: Murder Paladin Brandis or ask him to rejoin the Brotherhood during the Brotherhood of Steel quest "The Lost Patrol".
- Bonus: Ignite targets for +15 area of effect damage.
- Location: Complete the Vitale Pumphouse number puzzle.
The Last Minute
- Bonus: +50 limb damage.
- Location: Purchase from Level 4 Workshop Merchant.
Tinker Tom Special
- Bonus: Increased VATs accuracy while static.
- Location: Purchase from Tinker Tom in the Railroad HQ.
- Bonus: +50 against Super Mutants.
- Location: Murder Virgil and loot it from him.
- Bonus: +50 limb damage
- Location: Purchase from Deb at Bunker Hill.
- Bonus: Unlimited ammo
- Location: Complete Shaun's three quests.
Power Armor Frames
Search the following locations to find Power Armor Frames.
- Crashed Vertibird at Covenant Lake; in the water, near the Vertibird.
- Crashed Vertibird at Elevated Freeway; near the Vertibird.
- Crashed Vertibird at Robotics Disposal Ground; near the Vertibird.
- Arturo in the Diamond City.
- Fiddler's Green Trailer Estates; inside a locked trailer.
- Mass Pike Interchange; inside the Gunner Camp.
- Military APCs at Poseidon Energy Turbine Power Armor Part #18-F; near the crashed plane right next to the APCs.
- Military Armor Transport at Lexington; behind a security door and inside a train car.
- Military Armor Transport at North Wilderness; behind a security door and inside a train car.
- Military Checkpoint at Cambridge Outskirts; inside a locked cage.
- Military Convoy at Training Yard; inside the convoy trailer.
- Museum of Freedom; on the rooftop in the Minutemen quest "When Freedom Calls".
- National Guard Training Yard; inside the National Guard Armory.
- Revere Satellite Array; on one of the dish towers.
- Purchased from Teagan in the Prydwen.
Power Armor Sets
Each Power Armor part has specific stats. Note: Raider Power Armor does not support jet-pack or stealth-boy mods.
|Raider Power Helm||100||50||150||14||50|
|Raider Power Left Arm||50||25||150||16||75|
|Raider Power Left Leg||50||25||150||17||75|
|Raider Power Right Arm||50||25||150||16||75|
|Raider Power Right Leg||50||25||150||17||75|
|Raider Power Torso||200||100||300||22||100|
|T-45 Left Arm||50||30||150||15||100|
|T-45 Left Leg||50||30||150||15||100|
|T-45 Right Arm||50||30||150||15||100|
|T-45 Right Leg||50||30||150||15||100|
|T-51 Left Arm||90||60||150||15||130|
|T-51 Left Leg||90||60||150||15||130|
|T-51 Right Arm||90||60||150||15||130|
|T-51 Right Leg||90||60||150||15||130|
|T-60 Left Arm||130||85||150||15||160|
|T-60 Left Leg||130||85||150||15||160|
|T-60 Right Arm||130||85||150||15||160|
|T-60 Right Leg||130||85||150||15||160|
|X-01 Left Arm||170||110||150||15||200|
|X-01 Left Leg||170||110||150||15||200|
|X-01 Right Arm||170||110||150||15||200|
|X-01 Right Leg||170||110||150||15||200|
Power Armor paint
Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding paint.
- Minutemen paint job for T-45 Power Armor: Complete the Minutemen quest "When Freedom Calls".
- Railroad paint job for T-51 Power Armor: Complete the Railroad quest "Tradecraft".
- Atom Cats paint job for T-60 Power Armor: Complete the miscellaneous quest "Atom Cats".
- BOS paint job for T-60 Power Armor: Complete the Brotherhood of Steel quest "Shadow of Steel".
- Institute paint job for X-01 Power Armor: Complete the Institute quest "Nuclear Family".
Easy "Future Retro" Achievement or Trophy Guide
The first Holotape game, "Red Menace", is at the freetime terminal in the canteen room in Vault 111. This will be located in front of you after taking the baton (right of the room with the electricity generators).
Easy "Touchdown!" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Run towards a suicide bomber mutant and get killed. Shoot the Fat Man at your feet.
Before hitting the ground after falling from a fatal height save the game and load it again so you will land safely on the ground.
Below a list of all in-Game Traders Locations:
- Blake Abernathy and Connie Abernathy: Lexington and Northwest Commonwealth, Abernathy Farm
- Bluejay and Rowdy: Quincy and Southern Commonwealth; Atom Cats Garage
- Deb, Joe Savoldi, Kay, Tony Savoldi: Neighborhood; Charlestown, Bunker Hill
- John: Neighborhood; the Fens, Cathy And John's Super Salon - Diamond City
- Solomon: Neighborhood; the Fens, Chem-I-Care - Diamond City
- Polly: Neighborhood; the Fens, Choice Chops - Diamond City
- Henry Cooke: Neighborhood; the Fens, Colonial Taphouse - Diamond City
- Arturo Rodriguez: Neighborhood; the Fens, Commonwealth Weaponry - Diamond City
- Doctor Patricia, Deezer, Penny Fitzgerald, Talia McGovern: North Central Commonwealth, Covenant
- Myrna: Neighborhood; the Fens, Diamond City Surplus - Diamond City
- Doctor Sun: Neighborhood; the Fens, Doc Crocker's House - Diamond City
- Trudy: Lexington and Northwest Commonwealth, Drumlin Diner
- Vadim Bobrov and Yefim Bobrov: Neighborhood; the Fens, Dugout Inn - Diamond City
- Becky Fallon: Neighborhood; the Fens, Fallon's Basement - Diamond City
- Finch: North Central Commonwealth, Finch Farm
- Bean, Crisp, Danny, Reg, Sprocket, Waitron: North Central Commonwealth, Atomics Galleria
- KL-E-0, Daisy, Whitechapel Charlie, Rufus Rubins, Clair Hutchins, Fred Allen: Neighborhood; Financial District, Goodneighbor
- Robots: Western Commonwealth, Graygarden
- Kawolski: Neighborhood; the Fens, Klean Watur - Sheng Kawolski's House - Diamond City
- Theodore Collins and Rylee: Coastal Commonwealth, Longneck Lukowski's Cannery
- Takahashi: Neighborhood; the Fens, Power Noodles - Diamond City
- Tinker Tom and Doctor Carrington: Neighborhood; North End, Old North Church
- Knight-Captain Cade and Proctor Teagan: Coastal Commonwealth, Prydwen
- Trader: North Central Commonwealth, Rotten Landfill
- Scrap Merchant: Ramp overlooking the forest.
- Leonard Moore: Coastal Commonwealth, Shanty Store
- Trader: Lexington and Northwest Commonwealth, Small Trading Shack
- Moe Cronin: Neighborhood; the Fens, Swatters - Diamond City
- Ronnie Shaw: Neighborhood; South Boston, the Castle
- Synth Food Vendor and Institute Requisition Vendor: Neighborhood; Cambridge, the Institute
- Deidre: North Central Commonwealth, the Slog
- June Warwick: Quincy and Southern Commonwealth, Warwick Homestead
- Alexis Combes, Maria Summerset, Horatio, Dr. Penske: Western Commonwealth, Vault 81
- Random Trader: Lexington and Northwest Commonwealth, Trader's Shack - West of Ranger Cabin
- Eleanor: Quincy and Southern Commonwealth, the Trading Post
Chemistry Station: Chems
Below a list os all Chems you can created at a Chemistry Station:
- Addictol: : Cure all addictions.
- Berry Mentats: Highlight living targets.
- Buffjet: Slows time for 15 seconds. Strength +3, Endurance +3, Max HP +65, Max AP +35
- Buffout: Strength +2, Endurance +2, Max HP +50
- Bufftats: Strength +3, Endurance +3, Max HP +65, Perception +3
- Calmex: 2x sneak attack multiplier, Perception +3, Agility +3
- Curie's Healthpak: HP +35, Rads -300
- Daddy-O: Intelligence +3, Perception +3, Charisma -2
- Day Tripper Luck: +3, Charisma +3, Strength -2
- Fury: Increase melee damage by 50%.
- Glowing Blood Pack: HP +40%, Rad Resist +75
- Grape Mentats: Buy for 10% lower, sell for 10% higher; Charisma +5
- Irradiated Blood: HP +50, Rads +20
- Jet: Slows time for 10 seconds.
- Jet Fuel: Increased AP recovery rate.
- Med-X: Damage Resist +25
- Mentats: Intelligence +2, Perception +2
- Mysterious Serum: Damage Resist +50, Rads +36,000
- Orange Mentats: +10% V.A.T.S. accuracy.
- Overdrive: +25% Critical Chance, Damage +25%
- Psycho: Damage +25%, Damage Resist +25
- Psychobuff: Damage +25%, Strength +3, Endurance +3, Max HP +65
- Psycho Jet: Slows time for 15 seconds, Damage +25%, Damage Resist +35, Max AP +35
- Psychotats: Damage +25%, Damage Resist +15, Perception +3
- RadAway: Rads -300
- Rad-X: Rad Resist +100
- Refreshing Beverage: Cures all addictions, HP +500, Rads -1000
- Skeeto Spit: Max HP +25
- Stimpak: HP +30%
- Ultra Jet: Slows time for 15 seconds, Max AP +100
- Vault 81 Cure: HP +50%
- X-111 Compound: Rads -600
- X-Cell: Strength +2, Perception +2, Endurance +2, Charisma +2, Intelligence +2, Agility +2, Luck +2
Additionally you can create Syringer ammunition with the following effects.
- Berserk Syringe: Chance to frenzy target for 2 minutes.
- Bleed Out Syringe: 30 points of damage over 10 seconds to target.
- Bloatfly Larva: Chance for target to spawn a Bloatfly upon death.
- Endangerol Syringe: Reduce target's damage resistance by 25% for 2 minutes.
- Lock Joint Syringe: Chance to paralyze target for 10 seconds.
- Mind Cloud Syringe: Target thinks you have vanished with a reduced chance to detect you for 30 seconds.
- Pax Syringe: Chance to make the target non-violent for 30 seconds.
- Radscorpion Venom Syringe: 40 points of damage over 10 seconds to target.
- Yellow Belly Syringe: Chance to cause target to flee for 30 seconds.
Easy "Homerun!" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Diamond City is built on a baseball field. You can find one of the bases at the bottom of the stairs at the entrance to the city. Circle through all the bases.
Easy "Prankster's Return" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Create a quicksave after leveling up enough to invest two ranks into Pickpocket. Stealth behind someone, place a grenade or mine to their inventory, then retreat from the explosion. Reload the quicksave afterwards.
Surviving long Falls
Save the game just before hitting the ground after falling from a fatal height. Load the saved and you will land safely on the ground.
Infinite Bartering with Arturo (Exploit)
You can sell unlimited items to Arturo in Diamond City, which makes extremely expensive items available to you early in the campaign.
Start by defeating enemies and looting areas until you have a few hundred caps in your possession. Then head to Diamond City and speak with Arturo. Look at his wares, and indicate your wish to purchase all of his ammo of a particular type but do not finalize the deal. Instead, access your items and sell a single unit of the ammo you just bought from him. Then, sell any remainder of that same ammo type. There is a game bug that keeps a single unit of that ammo in your inventory, which you can sell to him continuously.
Though you can't use this glitch to obtain more caps than Arturo has on hand, you can repeatedly sell him glitched ammo to build up your resources. It's possible to use the trick with any type of ammo Arturo sells, as long as you have the initial caps required (though it can take some time and a lot of button presses). If you do everything properly, you can obtain all kinds of powerful equipment. However, keep in mind that the glitch is only effective when dealing with Arturo.
Easy "Rockets' Red Glare" Achievement or Trophy Guide
You must complete the quest line for the Railroad faction. This starts with "Road to Freedom", "Tradecraft", "Underground Undercover" (requires you to use Railroad in the "Molecular Level" main story mission), "Operation Ticonderoga", "Precipice of War", and finally "Rockets' Red Glare".
Easy "Underground Undercover" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Complete the quest line for the Railroad faction until completing the "Underground Undercover" quest. This starts with "Road to Freedom", "Tradecraft", and then "Underground Undercover", which requires you to use Railroad in the "Molecular Level" main story mission.
Easy "Mercenary" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Miscellaneous objectives are found by talking to shop owners in the commonwealth (Diamond City, Goodneighbor, Atomic Cats Garage, Bunker Hill, The Slog, etc.). Others can be randomly obtained after joining the Minutemen, getting some settlements, and defending them. Purchase a house in Diamond City for 2,000 caps after talking to Mayor's secretary to get another miscellaneous objective to visit that house. Also talk to the secretary and choose the "Job" option to get a miscellaneous objective to find the wanted board. The wanted board then has additional miscellaneous objectives on it.
Easy "Benevolent Leader" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Upgrade the Local Leader Perk to the second level and build stores such as bars, clothing shops or clinics which add to Happiness. This is the only thing which will increase the satisfaction of the settlers. Build as many of those stores as possible. Do not build weapon, armor or general traders buildings.
Easy "Instigator" Achievement or Trophy Guide
For "Wasteland Workshop" DLC: Place the two arena plates next to one another. These are located by entering the "Building" menu, selecting "Cages", then "Arena". Place some chairs near those two plates to allow people to sit down and spectate. Place a "Quitting Time Siren" (found under "Cages" then "Miscellaneous") " and give it some power. Assign a random settler to one of the teams. Turn on the quitting time siren to bring all your settlers over. Choose one to be the second fighter. As soon as you assign your selected settler to the other team's pad, the fight will begin. Note: Save before doing this and reload in order to avoid dead settlers and randomly used materials.
Easy "Far Harbor DLC: Just Add Saltwater" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Kill an Angler, Gulper, Fog Crawler, or Hermit Crab and harvest their meat. Find a cooking station or build one at a settlement. Note: The Fog Crawler and Gulper recipes require more ingredients, however the Angler meat and Hermit Crab meat is all that is needed for those receipies. The recipes are already at the cooking station. Select one of them and complete it.
Easy "Mass Production" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Create a standard Builder (junk machine) then link a storage conveyor to the end of it. Then, link it with power and a terminal. Note: The Hacker perk is required. Have the machine make Vault Tec Lunchboxes because it requires only 3 Steel. If you do not have the required 300 Steel, purchase shipments from Diamond City Surplus, which stocks them in batches of four. Once you load the machine, it will begin production immediately. Speeding the process by sleeping or waiting will not work. It should require about ten minutes to complete 100 lunchboxes.
Easy "Show Off" Achievement or Trophy Guide
To find the new displays, open the "Workshop" menu then choose "Decoration" then "Displays".
- Weapon: Build a wall weapon rack and transfer a weapon. Note: You can place only one weapon per rack. Transferring a second weapon will return the first one to your inventory.
- Armor: Build a male or female armor stand and transfer some armor (for example, the Grognak costume) and equip it.
- Power Armor: Build it then attach a wire from a power generator (requires 1 energy). Walk close to the display, leave the armor then interact with the built display.
Easy "Time Out" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Build a pillory (under "Resources", then "Miscellaneous"). Select a settler and assign him to the pillory. Then, reassign him to other work.
Easy "Docile" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Have a Beta Wave Emitter built and powered when you open five hostile creature traps. The Beta Wave Emitter requires "Animal Friend" level 1 and "Wasteland Whisperer" level 1 which in turn requires Charisma level 9. Note that there are some creatures that will be docile towards your settlers, but will fight one another even when a Beta Wave Emitter is present. Build multiples of one type of cage and have five of the same species in your settlement. Considuer using Mirelurks, as there are several locations where you can collect multiple Mirelurk eggs. Alternately, cage in captured creatures to prevent them from fighting other captured creatures. "Tame" creatures such as cats will not count. Once a cage has trapped an animal, and that animal has been released, it must be repaired before it can catch another animal.
Easy "Instigator" Achievement or Trophy Guide
Place the two arena plates next to one another. These are located by entering the "Building" menu, selecting "Cages", then "Arena". Place some chairs near those two plates to allow people to sit down and spectate. Place a "Quitting Time Siren" (found under "Cages" then "Miscellaneous") " and give it some power. Assign a random settler to one of the teams. Turn on the quitting time siren to bring all your settlers over. Choose one to be the second fighter. As soon as you assign your selected settler to the other team's pad, the fight will begin. Note: Save before doing this and reload in order to avoid dead settlers and randomly used materials.
Classic Games References
The five classic game tapes include:
- Red Menace - Donkey Kong
- Atomic Command - Missile Command
- Pipfall - Pitfall
- Grognak & The Ruby Ruins - Bard's Tale/Ultima
- Zeta Invaders - Space Invaders
More details in the Videos below:
Grognak & The Ruby Ruins Holotape
Zeta Invaders Holotape
Jaws Easter Egg
A boat around Oberland Station holds a surprise!
Crashed Alien Ship!
Hidden in the world is a crashed alien ship, and an alien with a gun!
Far Harbor DLC: WWE reference
Find the Rock Point Camp area. Search here to find Holotapes that show a man named "Bray Husky" giving instructions to three other men named "Rowan", "Braun", and "Luke". The names of the family members of WWE Wyatt family are Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, Braun Strowman, and Luke Harper. Additionally, Bray Wyatt's original name was Husky Harris.
Unlimited Money Vendor Exploit Glitch
Unlimited Money, Bottle Caps, Ammo, Weapons, Armor, Items Vendor Exploit / Glitch Video Guide:
Infinite Caps (Unlimited Purchases)
- First, you'll need to find a vendor with any type of ammo. Once there, purchase all of any type of ammunition so that it gets sent to your side of the screen during the transaction, BUT DO NOT confirm the purchase!
- Click on the ammo on your side of the transaction screen. Choose to give 1 ammo back to the vendor.
- Repeat the above actions, but this time give all the rest of the ammo back (with different ammo).
- Send all of the original ammo back to the vendor as well. If you did this correctly you should still have one of the ammo on your side of the transaction screen that you can infinitely click on to get all of the vendor's caps!
- After you select your single infinite ammo, you can purchase all of the additional ammo that the Barter has created from this process. You can do this repeatedly to get caps infinitely faster. This glitch works with pretty much anything as a substitute for the second ammo, as long as you take all of the second item from the vendor.
So far, every safe I've encountered that is both pickable and has a terminal nearby to hack qualifies for this exploit. Pick the safe then hack the terminal and relock the safe. Pick the safe again. Open the hacked terminal and relock the safe. Repeat until bored. You'll only get the hacking XP once but you'll get lock XP every time. As an added benefit, Piper, Cait, and Deacon will all gain affinity as long as the safe is unowned.
With Dogmeat as your companion you can get him to duplicate most things in your inventory. These include: the SPECIAL book itself so you can max out your SPECIAL skills, most weapons (Alien Blaster, Fatman, Miniguns, etc.) and most other items you have. Majority of your ammo won't/can't be duplicated though as I have tried doing this with the AB ammo for the Alien Blaster and at best it gave me ONE more bullet for it. What you do is drop the desired item on the ground in front of you and have Dogmeat go a fair distance away from you then while in his command menu, have him pick up the item and at the same time you pick it up as well. You have to time this perfectly and when you do, you will have the item in your inventory and Dogmeat will have another in his. He will then drop it on the ground in front of you. Repeat as desired. I ended up with 32 SPECIAL skill books (more than I really needed) and maxed out my SPECIAL skills.
Caution: If you are wearing any armour that has a SPECIAL stat on it, remove it first or else the game will glitch it out. For example, I was wearing a chest piece with +1 Strength and +1 Endurance and I maxed out my SPECIAL skills to 10. Except in the skills menu it shows that I'm only at level 9 of those skill points.
Acquiring the Cryolator Early
Near the Oveseer's skeletal remains in Vault 111, you can see a locked case that requires the Master lockpicking skill to open it and grab yourself the Cryolator (a powerful weapon that freezes enemies and possibly kills them as well). You can bypass the Master lockpick by having Dogmeat as your companion and returning to Vault 111 (by pushing a button near Vault 111 itself in a little building). When Dogmeat is near the case have him search for items and he will immediately head to it and grab the Cryolator through the glass case and return to you and drop it. There you go! Instant Cryolator! Check Dogmeat's inventory for 200 rounds for the gun also.
Using the workshop at any settlement you can actually duplicate any singular material exponentially (at least to a point) to do this drop the item you want on the ground, access the workshop (where you can choose what to build) then hover over the item and press scrap and then immediately roll over the button for storing, if done correctly both prompts will overlay and you will not only scrap the item but also store it as well, effectively doubling that item, this is done most easily with a controller as all you have to do is roll your finger from the X button to the B button on an Xbox Controller (Square to Circle for a Playstation 4 controller) as a note when you see the menu's overlap you must hold B (or Circle) while you confirm the first box, then confirm in the second box and that will complete the duplication.
To unlock the following Trophies, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|...The Harder They Fall (Bronze)||Kill 5 Giant Creatures.|
|...They're Action Figures (Silver)||Collect 20 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads.|
|Ad Victoriam (Silver)||Complete "Ad Victoriam".|
|Animal Control (Bronze)||Kill 300 Creatures.|
|Armed and Dangerous (Silver)||Create 50 Weapon Mods.|
|Benevolent Leader (Bronze)||Reach Maximum Happiness in a Large Settlement.|
|Blind Betrayal (Bronze)||Complete "Blind Betrayal".|
|Born Survivor (Bronze)||Reach Level 5.|
|Commonwealth Citizen (Bronze)||Reach Level 10.|
|Community Organizer (Bronze)||Ally with 3 Settlements.|
|Dangerous Minds (Bronze)||Complete "Dangerous Minds".|
|Fix-Er-Upper (Bronze)||Build 100 Workshop Items.|
|Future Retro (Bronze)||Play a Holotape Game.|
|Gun-For-Hire (Silver)||Complete 10 Side Quests.|
|Homerun! (Bronze)||Get a Homerun.|
|Hunter/Hunted (Bronze)||Complete "Hunter/Hunted".|
|Institutionalized (Bronze)||Complete "Institutionalized".|
|Legend Of The Wastes (Silver)||Reach Level 50.|
|Lovable (Bronze)||Reach Maximum Relationship Level with a Companion.|
|Mankind-Redefined (Bronze)||Complete "Mankind-Redefined".|
|Masshole (Bronze)||Kill 300 People.|
|Mercenary (Silver)||Complete 50 Misc. Objectives.|
|Never Go It Alone (Bronze)||Recruit 5 Separate Companions.|
|Nuclear Family (Silver)||Complete "Nuclear Family".|
|Old Guns (Silver)||Complete "Old Guns".|
|Platinum Trophy (Platinum)||Collect all other 50 Trophies for this Trophy.|
|Powering Up (Bronze)||Complete "Powering Up".|
|Prankster's Return (Bronze)||Placed A Grenade Or Mine While Pickpocketing.|
|Prepared for the Future (Gold)||Decide the Fate of the Commonwealth.|
|Print's Not Dead (Bronze)||Read 20 Magazines.|
|Ranger Corps (Silver)||Discover 100 Locations.|
|Reunions (Bronze)||Complete "Reunions".|
|RobCo's Worst Nightmare (Silver)||Hack 50 Terminals.|
|Rockets' Red Glare (Silver)||Complete "Rockets' Red Glare".|
|Sanctuary (Bronze)||Complete "Sanctuary".|
|Scavver (Bronze)||Gather 1000 Resources Used For Crafting.|
|Semper Invicta (Bronze)||Join the Brotherhood of Steel.|
|Taking Independence (Bronze)||Complete "Taking Independence".|
|The First Step (Bronze)||Join the Minutemen.|
|The Molecular Level (Bronze)||Complete "The Molecular Level".|
|The Nuclear Option (Silver)||Complete "The Nuclear Option".|
|They're Not Dolls... (Bronze)||Collect 10 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads.|
|Touchdown! (Bronze)||Get a Touchdown.|
|Tradecraft (Bronze)||Join the Railroad.|
|Underground Undercover (Bronze)||Complete "Underground Undercover".|
|Unlikely Valentine (Bronze)||Complete "Unlikely Valentine".|
|Unstoppable Wanderer (Silver)||Reach Level 25.|
|War Never Changes (Bronze)||Enter The Wasteland.|
|Wasteland D.I.Y. (Silver)||Craft 100 Items.|
|What's Yours Is Mine (Silver)||Pick 50 Locks.|
|When Freedom Calls (Bronze)||Complete "When Freedom Calls".|
DLC Trophies: Automatron
To unlock the following DLC Trophies, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|Headhunting (Bronze Trophy)||Complete "Headhunting"|
|Mechanical Menace (Bronze Trophy)||Complete "Mechanical Menace"|
|Restoring Order (Bronze Trophy)||Complete "Restoring Order"|
|Robot Hunter (Bronze Trophy)||Unlock 10 Robot Mods|
|The Most Toys (Bronze Trophy)||Build 10 Robot Mods|
DLC Trophies: Wasteland Workshop
To unlock the following Wasteland Workshop DLC Trophies, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|Docile (Bronze Trophy)||Have 5 Tamed Creatures in a Settlement|
|Instigator (Bronze Trophy)||Start a Spectated Arena Fight in a Settlement|
|Trapper (Bronze Trophy)||Build One of Every Cage Type|
DLC Trophies: Far Habor
To unlock the following Far Habor DLC Trophies, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|Cleansing The Land (Bronze Trophy)||Complete the quest "Cleansing the Land"|
|Close To Home (Silver Trophy)||Complete the quest "Close to Home"|
|Far From Home (Bronze Trophy)||Complete the quest "Far From Home"|
|Hooked (Bronze Trophy)||Defeat 30 Far Harbor Sea Creatures|
|Just Add Saltwater (Bronze Trophy)||Cook One of the New Far Harbor Recipes|
|New England Vactioner (Bronze Trophy)||Discover 20 Far Harbor Locations|
|Push Back The Fog (Bronze Trophy)||Unlock 3 Far Harbor Workshop Locations|
|The Islander's Almanac (Bronze Trophy)||Collect all issues of "The Islander's Almanac" magazine|
|The Way Life Should Be (Bronze Trophy)||Complete the quest "The Way Life Should Be"|
|Where You Belong (Bronze Trophy)||Complete the quest "Where You Belong"|
Far Harbor DLC: Islander's Almanac magazine bonuses
Collect the indicated magazine to gain the corresponding effect.
- Far Harbor Sightseer's Guide: Points of interest appear on the map.
- Children of Atom Expose: 10% decreased damage from radiation-based attacks.
- Recipe Roundup: Sludge recipes at the Chemistry Station.
- Pincer Dodge: 5% Increased VATs chances.
- Precision Hunting: 5% decreased damage from Mirelurk melee attacks.
DLC Trophies: Contraptions
To unlock the following Contraptions DLC Trophies, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|Mass Production (Bronze Trophy)||Produce 100 objects from your builders.|
|Show Off (Bronze Trophy)||Display a weapon on a weapon rack, armor on an armor rack, and power armor in a power armor display.|
|Time Out (Bronze Trophy)||Assign a settler to a pillory.|
DLC Trophies: Vault-Tec Workshop
To unlock the following Vault-Tec Workshop DLC Trophies, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|Better Living Underground (Bronze Trophy)||Unlock all build areas of Vault 88|
|Oversight (Bronze Trophy)||Become Overseer|
|Vault Dweller (Bronze Trophy)||Equip Vault 88 suit and Pip-boy on a settler|
DLC Trophies: Nuka-World
To unlock the following DLC: Nuka-World Trophies, complete the following tasks:
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|All Sugared Up (Bronze Trophy)||Defeat 40 Nuka-World Creatures whilst under the effect of any Nuka-Mix flavor|
|Beverageer (Bronze Trophy)||Create 20 different flavors of Nuka-Cola|
|Diebrarian (Bronze Trophy)||Collect every issue of Scav! Magazine|
|Eyes on the Prize (Bronze Trophy)||Redeem 100,000 tickets at the Nuka-Cade|
|Home Sweet Home (Bronze Trophy)||Complete "Home Sweet Home"|
|Hostile Takeover (Bronze Trophy)||Establish 8 Raider Camps in the Commonwealth|
|Power Play (Silver Trophy)||Complete "Power Play"|
|Raiding for a Living (Bronze Trophy)||Complete 12 quests for any Nuka-World Gangs|
|Taken for a Ride (Bronze Trophy)||Complete "Taken for a Ride"|
|The Grand Tour (Bronze Trophy)||Complete "The Grand Tour"|
If you know cheat codes, secrets, hints, glitches or other level guides for this game that can help others leveling up, then please Submit your Cheats and share your insights and experience with other gamers.
Stuck in this game? Ask a question below and let other gamers answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an expert then please try to help others with their questions.