- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
- Genre: Action Adventure
- Release: Mar 3, 2017
- ESRB: Everyone 10+
Hints & Secrets
Getting the unbreakable Master Sword
The unbreakable Master Sword is one of the best weapons in the game. It cannot be damaged and does not have a durability meter. However, it does have a cool down period before it can be used again in combat after it has been depleted of its charges. The Master Sword can be found in a grove inside the Great Hyrule Forest, northeast of Central Hyrule. To reach the area, go through the Woodland Stable and continue on the path until you reach the Lost Woods. Then, travel towards the Korok Forest. While at the entrance to the forest, light a torch at the nearby brazier. The torch flame will tilt in certain directions; follow the directions of the flame. However, the forest is filled with fog that can teleport you back to the start. Whenever it seems to be thickening around you, retrace your steps back a bit to avoid the fog. The flame will eventually guide you to where the sword is stuck inside a stone. To collect the Master Sword, you will need 13 heart containers.
Getting the Hylian Shield
The Hylian Shield is located inside Hyrule Castle, which is one of the most difficult areas in the game and the final dungeon. However, you do not actually have to complete the rest of the game to get the shield and can go to the castle as soon as you complete the tutorial and enter the open world. Once you reach Hyrule Castle, go towards its back by looping around the castle until you are on the hills behind it. There is a broken bridge near the castle's back; go to the west side of the bridge. At the broken bridge, jump down and glide until you reach the luminous stones in the distance. Just before those stones is an easy to reach platform that spirals towards the water. At the top of the spiral platform is a Guardian that can be quite difficult to defeat unless you are a higher level. Once you are at the top of the ramp and facing the Guardian, run past it through the door and enter the castle, avoiding damage from the Guardian. As soon as you enter the door, hug the nearest wall to avoid the Guardian and reset it.
Once the Guardian goes back to its place, proceed further towards the gate in front of you. Use the Cryonis Rune to lift up the gate and get through it. You will enter a prison area with lots of enemies locked in cells after passing through the gate. At the end of this area is a side room that you can enter to wake up a skeletal boss, Stalnox. Defeat Stalnox to get the Hylian Shield. The best way to defeat it is by targeting its eye with ranged attacks until it falls, then hit it with the sword. An upgraded Stasis Rune also helps by freezing it in one location and making it easier to hit the eye. If you already have obtained the Master Sword, it will be easier to defeat Stalnox since the weapon gets double attack power inside Hyrule Castle. Once Stalnox has been defeated, a loot chest that contains the Hylian Shield will appear. The Hylian Shield is the most iconic shield in The Legend Of Zelda series and has been shown in the artwork for pretty much every game.
Getting the Dark Link costume
As you progress through the game, you will meet Kilton, the traveling monster merchant. He only takes monster parts. Killing monsters will reward you with monster part items (tails, eyes, bones, guts, fangs, horns, etc.) that can be traded to Kilton. Trade the indicated number of monster parts to get the corresponding piece of Dark Link gear:
- Dark Hood (3 defense): 1,999 mon
- Dark Trousers (3 defense): 999 mon
- Dark Tunic (3 defense): 999 mon
To quickly get monster parts (and lots of good gear), fight Hinox and Lynel. Hinox are giant cyclops creatures that are tough, but worth fighting. Even early in the game, they drop 4-5 Hinox Toenails that sell for 18 mon per drop. They are found throughout the game. Lynel are centaurs that are end-game enemies that drop Guts (100 mon), Horns (20 mon), and Hoofs (30 mon). They appear in the Akkala region, and taking Kilton side quests is a good way to find and fight Lynels. Once you obtain all three pieces of the Dark Link costume, you will get the "Night Speed Up" set bonus that allows Link to move faster at night. Dark Link first appeared in The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening as the final Boss. Dark Link also appeared as a mini-Boss in The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Getting the Warm Doublet
The Warm Doublet is a special piece of clothing that provides unlimited protection from cold weather status effects. Go to the Old Man's house south of the Temple Of Time in the Great Plateau. At the southern edge, read the diary inside the house with the cook pot outside. The diary describes a special recipe for "Spicy Meat and Seafood Fry". Cook this recipe, then talk to the Old Man, saying "I cooked something" to get the Warm Doublet. The diary does not reveal the Spicy Meat and Seafood Fry recipe. To cook it, you need the following ingredients: Spicy Pepper, Raw Meat, and Hyrule Bass. Spicy Peppers are found in the southern region of the Great Plateau. Look near the Old Man's house, or growing on the path up to the River Of The Dead. Raw Meat drops from wild boars in the Forest Of Spirits. Crouch and sneak close, then carefully aim an arrow to kill them with one shot. They will run away if they detect you. Hyrule Bass are found in the waters between the Great Plateau Tower and Oman Au Shrine. Swim toward them from the deep and herd them toward the beach to trap them. After collecting the items, select the ingredients from your inventory and place them into a cooking pot. There is one located outside the Old Man's house. After creating the recipe, speak with the Old Man to get the Warm Doublet. Equip the flimsy armor to explore the Mount Hylia region without taking damage from the cold weather.
Upgrading the Sheikah Slate
Successfully complete the "Locked Mementos" quest to upgrade the Sheikah Slate and unlock the camera, Hyrule Compendium, and an album. The "Locked Mementos" quest is given by Impa in Kakariko Village. Once you accept the quest, travel east where the road splits. Continue following this road until you reach Fort Hateno. To quickly get there, travel by horse to ride past the enemies. However, keep an eye on the stamina of your horse. From Fort Hateno, keep following the path until you see a fork in the road. Take the left path to reach Hateno Village. It is a long journey filled with enemies. Just keep moving along the path to reach the village. Once you are inside the village, go up and around to see the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab, which is high up on the cliff.
Enter the lab and talk to Purah and Symin. You will eventually have a conversation with Purah where she will offer to repair the Sheikah Slate once you bring the blue flame from the ancient furnace located in the town. This blue flame is required to light up the furnace in the lab. Simply find the blue flame and carry it using the torch from lamp to lamp. It is likely that the torch will break during your journey back to the lab -- so keep an eye out for the bushes that will give you sticks when struck. The lamp will take you back to the lab. Once you have reached the lab, light the furnace outside with your torch to activate a travel gate. Enter the lab and talk to Purah about repairing the Sheikah Slate. She will repair the Sheikah Slate and you will get a camera, Hyrule Compendium, and an album.
Great Fairy armor upgrade locations
Search the indicated locations to find all four Great Fairies to fully upgrade your armor. The first Great Fairy asks for 100 rupees, the second Great Fairy asks for 500 rupees, the third Great Fairy asks for 1,000 rupees, and the final Great Fairy asks for 10,000 rupees to upgrade your armor. These are one-time payments, and the Great Fairies will not ask you for money each time you visit them. However, each attire in the game requires specialized materials to get upgraded. If you wish to upgrade an attire, you must provide the Great Fairies with all the required materials.
- Great Fairy Cotera: Go to the Ta'loh Naeg Shrine from Kakariko Village, and proceed towards the woods. Travel left from the intersection to find her near the large flower.
- Great Fairy Mija: She is located next to the Dah Hesho Shrine. Travel there from the Akkala Citadel Ruins. Once you are at the ruins, proceed towards the Akkala Lake to find the fairy on a clearing in the center of the lake.
- Great Fairy Kaysa: She is located near the Tabantha Great Bridge and Nero Hill. Climb to the top of Tabantha Tower, then paraglide directly to the fairy.
- Great Fairy Tera: Travel towards the Dragon's Exile from Gerudo City -- just continue southeast from the city to get there. Then, proceed towards the Gerudo Great Skeleton to find the fairy in the area.
Hidden treasure chest locations Great Plateau
Search the indicated locations to find secret treasure chests:
- There are two treasure chests in the water near the door to the Oman Au Shrine. Since you cannot dive into the water, use the Magnesis Rune to pull the treasure chests out of the water.
- There is a treasure chest in the water near Keh Namut. Use the Cryonis Rune to build an icy pillar to reach the treasure chest and build another one directly underneath the chest to get it.
- There is a treasure chest under a large boulder near Owa Daim Shrine. To move the boulder, use Statis on the boulder and repeatedly hit it to build up its momentum. Then, deactivate Stasis to get the chest.
- There are two treasure chests on a small clearing in a mud lake. Use the Cryonis Rune to build an icy pillar and jump on it to reach the clearing to get the treasure chests.
- There is a treasure chest in the water near Ja Baij Shrine. Use the Magnesis Rune to pull the treasure chest out of the water.
Weapons and attire locations
Search the indicated location or defeat the listed enemy type to get the corresponding weapon or attire. Most of these weapons can either be enhanced or strengthened by crafting. The attire boost your defense and resistance against specific environments. Additionally, Link can only carry eight weapons at any given time.
- Rusty Broadsword: It is found near a lake in the Great Plateau.
- Rusty Claymore: Unknown.
- Soldier's Broadsword: It is found inside a desolate cavern in the Great Plateau.
- Soldier's Claymore: It is found inside a treasure chest in the Bosh Kala Shrine.
- Traveler's Claymore: It is found inside the Bokoblins Camp in the Great Plateau.
- Traveler's Sword: It is found inside a treasure chest in the Great Plateau. It is also dropped by the Bokoblins.
- Silver Longsword: Unknown.
- Boko Spear: It is dropped by the Bokoblins near campfires in the Great Plateau.
- Lizal Spear: It is dropped by the Lizalfos in the Zonai Ruins.
- Soldier's Spear: It is dropped by the Bokoblins.
- Spiked Boko Spear: It is obtained by upgrading the Boko Spear.
- Throwing Spear: It is dropped by the Bokoblins.
- Traveler's Spear: It is dropped by the Stal Bokoblins in the Great Plateau.
- Boko Club: It is dropped by the Bokoblins.
- Moblin Club: It is dropped by the Blue Moblins in the Great Plateau.
- Spiked Boko Club: It is obtained by upgrading the Boko Club. It is also dropped by the Blue Bokoblins in the Great Plateau.
- Spiked Moblin Club: It is obtained by upgrading the Moblin Club. It is also dropped by the Blue Moblins near the Zonai Ruins.
- Boko Bat: It is dropped by the Moblins.
- Iron Sledgehammer: It is found in the Owa Daim Shrine.
- Boko Bow: It is dropped by the Bokoblins.
- Lizal Bow: It is dropped by the Lizalfos near the Zonai Ruins.
- Soldier's Bow: It is found inside a treasure chest in the Ja Baij Shrine.
- Spiked Boko Bow: It is found inside a treasure chest in a cavern in the Great Plateau's Cavern. It can also be upgraded from the Boko Bow.
- Traveler's Bow: It is found inside a treasure chest in the Oman Au Shrine and Temple Of Time. It is also dropped by the Stal Bokoblins.
- Arrows: Bundles of ten arrows can be found throughout the game.
- Bomb Arrows: Unknown.
- Fire Arrows: Bundles of five arrows can be found throughout the game.
- Ice Arrows: Unknown.
- Lizal Boomerang: It is dropped by the Lizalfos.
- Lizal Forked Boomerang: Unknown.
- Fire Rod: Unknown.
- Lightning Rod: Unknown.
- Boko Shield: It is dropped by the Bokoblins in the Great Plateau.
- Pot Lid: It is dropped by the Bokoblins near campfires in the Great Plateau.
- Soldier's Shield: The location is currently unknown, but it can be used as a snowboard.
- Spiked Boko Shield: It is dropped by the Bokoblins near the Great Plateau. It can also be upgraded from the Boko Shield.
- Traveler's Shield: Unknown.
- Rusty Shield: Unknown.
- Shield of the Mind's Eye: Unknown.
- Knight's Shield: Unknown.
- Climber's Bandanna: It is found in Ree Dahee Shrine in West Necluda, near Dueling Peaks. It increases climbing speed.
- Flamebreaker Helm: The location is currently unknown, but it does prevent burn damage.
- Hylian Hood: Unknown.
- Soldier's Helm: Unknown.
- Champion Shirt: Unknown.
- Flamebreaker Armor: The location is currently unknown, but it does prevent burn damage.
- Hylian Tunic: Unknown.
- Old Shirt: It is found inside a treasure chest in the Shrine Of Resurrection.
- Quilted Shirt: It is found inside the Bokoblins Camp in the Great Plateau. It increases frost resistance.
- Soldier's Armor: Unknown.
- Warm Doublet: The location is currently unknown, but it does prevent frost damage.
- Flamebreaker Boots: The location is currently unknown, but it does prevent burn damage.
- Hylian Trousers: It is found inside a treasure chest in the ruins around the Temple Of Time.
- Soldier's Greaves: Unknown.
- Trousers Of Time: Unknown.
- Well-Worn Trousers: It is found inside the treasure chest near the Shrine Of Resurrection.
Sheikah Tower locations
Search the indicated locations to find all 15 Sheikah Towers to completely reveals Hyrule's map. It is recommended you find and scale all Sheikah Towers as soon as possible. However, finding and scaling the Sheikah Towers is not an easy task. Most of the towers are located in areas with unfavorable conditions, which is why you must be well-equipped to deal with the environmental dangers they present.
- 1. Great Plateau Tower: This is the first Sheikah Tower you will find in the game. It is an unmissable tower that you cannot progress without finding.
- 2. Dueling Peaks Tower: While traveling to Kakariko Village from the Great Plateau, you will arrive at the West Necluda, right next to the Dueling Peaks. Once there, the tower will be in plain sight.
- 3. Hateno Tower: It is located between the East Necluda and Hateno Village. While traveling from the West Necluda to East Necluda, stick to the off-road side towards Hateno Village to find it on top of a mountain.
- 4. Lanaryu Tower: It is located right next to the Lanaryu Wetlands as you travel towards Zora's Domain on the opposite end of the Lanaryu Great Spring.
- 5. Akkala Tower: It is located on the north side of Zora's Domain. Travel straight from Zora's Domain to Akkala Highlands to easily find it.
- 6. Eldin Tower: It is located on the west side of Zora's Domain and Akkala Tower. Travel from Zora's Domain to the south side of Eldin Canyon to easily find it.
- 7. Woodland Tower: It is located on the west side of Eldin Tower, near Korok Forest.
- 8. Hebra Tower: It is located on the west side of Korok Forest and the east side of Rito Village. Travel from Rito Village to Tabantha Tundra to easily find it.
- 9. Tabantha Tower: It is located on the south side of Rito Village. Travel from Rito Village to Tabantha Frontier to easily find it.
- 10. Gerudo Tower: It is located on the north side of Gerudo Town and the west side of Lake Hylia. Go to the entrance to Gerudo Highlands to easily find it.
- 11. Wastelands Tower: It is located on the east side of Gerudo Tower and the west side of Lake Hylia and Faron Grasslands. You do not need to enter the Gerudo Desert to find it.
- 12. Ridgeland Tower: It is located on the northeast edge of Hyrule Ridge and the west side of Hyrule Castle. It is not difficult to reach it.
- 13. Central Tower: It is located on the west side of Hyrule Field. It can be found towards Hyrule Ridge; stay close to Hyrule Field to locate it.
- 14. Lake Tower: It is located on the northwest side of Faron Grasslands and south of Lake Hylia. Travel from Lake Hylia to Faron Grasslands to easily find it.
- 15. Faron Tower: This is one of the hardest towers to locate in the game. It is located on the east side of Faron Grasslands and the southwest side of East Necluda. You can also access it from the south side of Dueling Peaks. Look for it near the river.
Shrine locations and puzzle solutions
Shrines Of Trials are dungeons with puzzles and obstacles. There are over a hundred Shrines Of Trials in the game. Activate the Sheikah Towers to make finding new shrines easier. Reach the monks inside the shrines to get a Spirit Orb. Shrines also contain other rewards and runes that add new abilities to the Sheikah Slate. The following is a list of the shrine locations, puzzle solutions, and how to complete the trials.
Great Plateau Shrines
- Oman Au Shrine: It is located north of the Resurrection Tower. After entering the shrine, place the Sheikah Slate on the pedestal on the left side to get the Magnesis Rune. Then, use the Magnesis Rune to displace the metal pieces in the room's center, and proceed up the stairs into another room. Use the Magnesis Rune again to remove the metallic stones and find a new path. There is a Mini Guardian in the next section. Once done, cross the metal slab to reach the next platform and use the Magnesis Rune to build a new path ahead. There is also a metallic chest on the left side that you can bring to Link using the Magnesis Rune. Finally, pull the metallic door open and speak with the monk to get a Spirit Orb.
- Ja Baij Shrine: It is located south of the Resurrection Tower, in the Easter Abbey Ruins. After entering the shrine, place the Sheikah Slate on the pedestal on the left side to get the Remote Bombs. Spherical Bombs are better for rolling down slopes and Square Bombs are better for more precise hits. Break the wall and proceed to the hallway. There is another breakable wall on the right side with a Traveler's Sword behind it. Go back and destroy two rocks to reveal a ladder. In the next area, place a Square Bomb at the end of the rotating platform. In the next large area, proceed to the platform near the first funnel and place a Spherical Bomb in the funnel to reveal another ladder. The ladder will take you to the monk to get another Spirit Orb. On the opposite side, look for another couple of blocks that extend and retract. Stand on the farthest one to be launched to a chest containing the Soldier's Bow.
- Ke Numut Shrine: It is located at the top of Mount Hylia, south of the Hylia River. After entering the shrine, place the Sheikah Slate on the pedestal on the left side to get the Cryonis Rune that allows you to create icy blocks and platforms from the water. Use the rune to create a pillar and get to the next area by grabbing the ledge. In the next area, use the rune directly underneath the gate to force it open. On the other side of the gate is a Mini Guardian. Once you are in the final area, create ice pillars on both sides of the raised platform to access the upper area. Once you are up, do not proceed to the monk yet; look for a treasure chest in an alcove. Then, get the Spirit Orb from the monk.
- Owa Daim Shrine: It is located on the southeastern side of Mount Hylia, at the southern edge of the Great Plateau. After entering the shrine, place the Sheikah Slate on the pedestal on the left side to get the Stasis Rune that allows you to freeze time and build up the momentum of certain objects. When the platform is straight, use the Stasis Rune on the large gear on the left side to get into the next area. However, be careful while doing this because of incoming boulders that can kill you. Wait for one to pass, then use the rune on the next one to reach the next section. There is also a treasure chest on a higher platform. From the first platform, grab the Iron Sledgehammer and equip it. Then, use the Stasis Rune on the boulder and continue hitting it with the Iron Sledgehammer to build its momentum and reveal a new path. The path will lead you across the bridge to the monk for another Spirit Orb.
Central Hyrule Shrines
- Dah Kaso Shrine: It is located below the Digdogg Suspension Bridge in southwestern Central Hyrule. The main objective in this shrine is to destroy the spear wielded by the Guardian Scout. As soon as you see him charging it, dodge to the sides. Try dodging back because of the spear's range. If the Guardian steps back and extends, quickly move behind a pillar to avoid taking any damage. At about 50% HP, the Guardian will add laser attacks. To avoid this, jump into the air, glide, and aim for the eye in order to stun it. Aim for the eye or you will get hit by the attack. Inflict some more damage and the Guardian will turn blue, indicating its final phase. During the final phase, dodge and sprint while inflicting damage. Once you defeat it, grab the Guardian Spear, Ancient Core, and Spirit Orb.
- Wahgo Katta Shrine: It is located southeast of Central Hyrule. After entering the shrine, climb the metal crates to find an Amber inside a treasure chest. Stacking the crates does not allow you to reach the monk, which is why you need to stack them against the opposite platform to find a metal slab; use the Magnesis Rune. Then, build a bridge to the monk to get the Spirit Orb.
- Kaya Wan Shrine: It is located on the eastern edge of Central Hyrule, north of Wetland Stable. After entering the shrine, use the Cryonis Rune to get past the waterfall. In the next area, there will be a Guardian Scout. Hit it in the eye to quickly kill it. On the right side of the platform, you can see a treasure chest in the water that can be accessed with the Cryonis Rune. The treasure chest contains an Ancient Rune. In the next area are two Guardian Scouts. Since it can be difficult to kill them simultaneously, try to build a platform and use a powerful bow to snipe at them. Then, use the Cryonis Rune underneath the gate on the left side to open it and get the Knight's Broadsword. Finally, use the wooden shaft in the water to guide it to the end of the waterfall. You can then jump and use the Paraglider to reach the monk and get the Spirit Orb.
- Rota Ooh Shrine: It is located west of Central Hyrule, directly above the Outskirt Stable. After entering the shrine, use your bow to hit the yellow switch on the right side, over the water to reveal a new path with a sphere. Before proceeding, locate the hall near the spear to find the Small Key. Once you have grabbed the sphere, shoot the blue switch and open the gate. After the structure tilts back, throw the sphere into the metal screen, right next to the orange switch. Then, hit the switch to reveal another path. While flying, paraglide to the ledge that has a treasure chest to get the Feathered Edge Sword. Finally, check the left side to find a blue switch that allows you to reach the monk and get the Spirit Orb.
During one of the main quests, you will travel to Kakariko Village and speak with Impa. If you are finished with Hateno Ancient Tech Lab and Purah, you should be able to get 12 camera pictures on your Sheikah Slate. These 12 pictures basically point to old places and contain memories of Link and Zelda. This will start the "Ancient Memories" quest where you are asked to find all the memories in order to discover your past. Search the indicated locations to find all memories. Note: There are five memories that are unmissable because you automatically receive them as you progress through the game.
- 1. Subdued Ceremony: From Central Hyrule, travel inside Hyrule Field and enter the castle from the main gate. Once inside, go towards the Sacred Ground Ruins to find the memory.
- 2. Resolve And Grief: From the Great Plateau Tower, travel towards Lake Kolomo in the southern edge of Hyrule Field. From there, travel towards the southwest edge of the lake to see the memory in the distance.
- 3. Shelter From The Storm: Travel to the northeast edge of Hylia's bridge and towards the lake. Once there, travel towards the nearby river and onto a hill with a visible tree. Climb the tree to recover the memory. The memory is basically located on the Hills of Baumer that overlook Lake Hylia.
- 4. Zelda's Resentment: Travel towards the Ancient Columns that are located on the west side of Tabantha Great Bridge or the south side of Piper Ridge. Once there, you can see a Shrine Of Trial with the memory located in front of it.
- 5. Blades Of The Yiga: Travel from the Gerudo Desert Gateway to Gerudo Town to find the Kara Kara Bazaar; the memory is located on the right side of the bazaar.
- 6. A Premonition: It is located in Eldin Canyon, near Death Mountain. Travel to the east side of Woodland Tower and Minshi Woods to reach the area. Once there, proceed up the hills to find the memory.
- 7. Silent Princess: Travel towards the east side of the Monya Toma Shrine and Serenne Stable to be near the Irch Plain. Once there, you should be able to easily locate the memory.
- 8. Father And Daughter: It is located inside Hyrule Castle, inside the Western Keep. Go to the second floor and into a walkway that will lead directly to the memory.
- 9. Slumbering Power: Travel to North Akkala Valley from Ordorac Quarry to find the Spring Of Power; the memory is located nearby.
- 10. To Mount Lanaryu: Travel to Sanidin Park Ruins. Explore the area until you find a large statue with the memory nearby.
- 11. Return Of Calamity Ganon: Travel to Naydra Snowfield, then proceed into the Lanaryu Promenade. From there, go towards the east side of the area to see the memory in the distance.
- 12. Despair: Travel to the northeast edge of the Bottomless Swamp, near the east side of Hyrule Field. In this area, you will come across a small forested section that contains the memory.
- 13. Zelda's Awakening: Once you have recovered all 12 memories, return to Impa to learn the location of the final memory.
Cook the indicated ingredients to create the listed item (potions, elixirs, skewers, and more). Cooking recipes provide Link various benefits such as increased HP, increased stamina regeneration, better stealth, and more.
- Steamed Meat: Raw Meat
- Enduring Mushroom Skewer (temporarily increases stamina): Raw Meat or Bird Meat + Endura Shroom
- Meat and Seafood Fry: Raw Meat + Mighty Carp + Spicy Peppers
- Hearty Steamed Meat (temporarily adds x3 hearts): Raw Meat + Hearty Radish + Hearty Truffle
- Fried Wild Greens: Raw Meat + Hyrule Herb + Swift Carrot + Spicy Peppers
- Spicy Pepper Steak (temporarily enhances cold resistance): Meat + Hylian Shroom + Spicy Pepper
- Energizing Meat and Mushroom Skewer (restores 1/3 of your total stamina): Raw Meat or Bird Meat + Stamella Shroom
- Honeyed Fruits: Courser Bee Honey + Spicy Pepper
- Spicy Fruit and Mushroom Mix (temporarily enhances cold resistance): Spicy Pepper + Hylian Shroom
- Spicy Simmered Fruit and Spicy Sautéed Peppers (temporarily enhances cold resistance): Spicy Peppers
- Hasty Mushroom Skewer (temporarily enhances movement speed): Meat or Bird Meat + Hylian Shroom
- Hasty Meat and Mushroom Skewer (temporarily enhances movement speed): Raw Meat or Bird Meat + Mushroom
- Sneaky Steamed Mushrooms (gives one level stealth boost): Mushrooms
- Sneaky Mushroom Skewer (gives stealth effect): Mushrooms
- Meat and Mushroom Skewer: Raw Meat or Bird Meat + Hylian Shroom
- Spicy Elixir (enhances resistance to cold): Sizzlewing Butterfly + Bokoblin Fang
- Meat Skewer: Raw Meat + Raw Bird Drumstick
- Energizing Salt-Grilled Fish (restores a part of the stamina wheel): Rock Salt + Fish
- Salt-Grilled Meat: Raw Meat + Raw Bird Drumstick + Rock Salt
- Sneaky Steamed Fish (gives sneaking ability): Hyrule Bass + Blue Nightshade
- Sneaky Steamed Meat (gives one level stealth boost): Raw Meat + Blue Nightshade
- Steamed Mushrooms: Stamella Shroom + Blue Nightshade
- Steak Skewer: Seared Steak
- Toasty Hylian Shroom: Hylian Shroom
- Toasty Stamella Shroom: Stamella Shroom
- Roasted Bass: Hyrule Bass
- Seared Steak: Raw Meat.
- Dubious Food: Unknown.
- Simmered Fruit: Apple + Acorn or Spicy Pepper
- Baked Apple: Apple
- Energizing Mushroom Skewer (fully restores stamina wheel): Raw Meat + Hylian Shroom + Stamella Shroom
- Failed Experiment: Unknown.
- Hearty Salt-Grilled Fish (temporarily adds x2 hearts): Rock Salt + Fish
- Hearty Meat and Mushroom Skewer (temporarily adds x3 hearts): Raw Meat or Bird Meat + Hearty Truffle
- Hearty Fried Wild Greens (temporarily adds x3 hearts): Hearty Radish + Hyrule Herb + Mushrooms + Steamed Meat
- Hearty Mushroom Skewer (temporarily adds x4 hearts): Raw Meat + Hearty Truffle
- Hearty Steamed Mushrooms (temporarily adds x4 hearts): Hearty Radish + Hearty Truffle
- Hearty Wild Greens (temporarily adds x4 hearts): Hearty Radish + Hyrule Herb + Mushroom + Raw Meat or Bird Meat
- Electro Elixir (gives resistance against electricity): Unknown.
- Energizing Elixir (fully restores stamina wheel): Bokoblin Horn + Restless Cricket
- Energizing Glazed Meat (restores a portion of the stamina wheel): Acorn + Apple + Courser Bee Honey + Hylian Shroom + Raw Bird Drumstick
- Hasty Elixir (gives haste effect): Hightail Lizard + Monster Parts
- Sneaky Elixir (gives a level two stealth effect): Keese Eyeball + Sunset Firefly
Enhanced weapons, bows and shields
Beat the game once and a star will appear next to your save file. Any weapons, bows and shields that you receive after that point will have a random enhancement such as Durability Up or Attack Up.
Change chuchu jelly type
You can change chuchu jelly types by using different elements on them. Fire will get you red jelly, ice will get you white jelly, and lightning will get you yellow jelly. There are several weapons will elemental properties in the game that work well for this.
Infinite Stamina While Climbing
While climbing any uneven surface such as mountains, you can tap "B", while pushing up, on any surface at or below 80 degrees. This will cause Link to begin running, allowing your stamina bar to refill on an edge you could otherwise not stand on. Just tap "B" right after link grabs the wall/cliff face and slide along this slope until your stamina refills on long climbs.
Master Sword Beam
A little secret in the game once you get the master sword, is that when you attempt to throw the blade, you will instead throw a beam out at full health. This is especially useful against Keese and Guardians because the beam isn't affected by gravity.
Eventide Island Made Easy
On Eventide Island, if you drop things on the raft before stepping off of it onto the island, they will still be there after the cut scene. Use this to make clearing the island a breeze.
Skip Rin Oyaa Shrine Puzzle
To skip the puzzle, take the orb and stand in the middle of where the orb is supposed to go. Put the orb down and use the Stasis Rune to freeze it. Then, run up to the platform that rises up and wait for the rune to wear off. The orb will roll into it's place, raising the platform and thus, skipping the puzzle entirely.
Champion's ballad: ancient arrows
If you don't want to get close to use the one hit obliterator, just use ancient arrows. That's what I did.
How to defeat Lynel
How to kill a lynel. I particularly enjoy battling silver lynels. Just bring the master sword (with at least 50 power) and a 3-5 arrow shot bow. U want tons of bomb arrows too. Walk up wearing ur lynel mask or Majora's mask, then stasis+ the lynel and blow him away (with bomb arrows, of course) then get a headshot on him, then run up and mount him, whack him a bunch from on his back. This will not damage ur weapon. Use Urbosa's fury on the lynel, and mount him again. GIDDYUP!
One shot ganon
If you go in hyrule castle and into the room where calamity Ganon lies, )make use do go through the right/left side) and go onto the stairs. Then jump off and activate bullet time. Make sure you go forwards when you jump. Shoot 3 ancient arrows at the middl of the room right before the Ganon cutscene starts. He will then be automatically beaten. This does not count for dark beast ganon.
Various Easter eggs Part 1
There are tons of Easter eggs in breath of the wild. The ranch ruins are actually Lon Lon ranch, the window in the sanctum is designed as the gate of time, there is a dark link outfit, an ocarina of time outfit, a skyward sword outfit, a windwaker outfit, tingel island (sounds like Tingle doesn't it?), a tingle outfit, Midna's helmet, and the pins say "it's dangerous to go alone, referencing to the first LoZ game.
There are many others that i know of, but I didn't want this to be too long, so there will be a part 2 of this. Thanks for reading!
Sprint forever by holding the "whistle" button (down) and pressing the "B" button repeatedly. Link will sprint forever and never tire.
Prevent Star Fragments from Disappearing
Star Fragments disappear come morning. Sit by a campfire until night to skip morning/daytime to make it night again, and the Star Fragment won't disappear. This allows you more time to track down and pick up the Star Fragment.
Out of bounds play!
In some floors on trial of the sword, u can glitch through the wall, to a new area, but can't get back into the trial from there, meaning no skips. Also, in some places, u can backflip a monster's attack, then blow urself up with a remote bomb. If u get the timing perfect, u glitch through the ground.
Amiibo Common Unlockables
You can scan an Amiibo toy once per day to get its common unlockable. In addition to its common unlockable item, random food and materials may also drop. Note: There's a chance that 30th Anniversary Ocarina of Time Link will drop the Biggoron's Sword as his sword drop. This is separate from his actual rare drop item, the Ocarina of Time Tunic. Additionally, 30th Anniversary Wind Waker Link can drop the Seabreeze Boomerang as his gear drop (his actual rare item drop is the Wind Waker tunic).
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|Bows||Breath of the Wild Archer Link|
|Clubs||Breath of the Wild Bokoblin|
|Crafting Materials||Super Smash Bros Zelda or Super Smash Bros Shiek|
|Gear||30th Anniversary Wind Waker Link|
|Horse Saddles||Breath of the Wild Horse Rider Link|
|Random Items (But No Chests)||Any Non-Zelda Amiibo|
|Rupee Barrels||30th Anniversary 8-bit Link|
|Rupees and Materials||Super Smash Bros Ganondorf|
|Shields and Cooking Plants||Breath of the Wild Zelda or 30th Anniversary Wind Waker Zelda|
|Swords||30th Anniversary Ocarina of Time Link|
|Weapons||Super Smash Bros Link|
|Weapons and Ammo||Breath of the Wild Guardian|
|Wolf Link Ally||Twilight Princess Wolf Link|
Amiibo Rare Unlockables
You can scan each Amiibo once per day. A few of them have rare items. Each time, you have a random chance of the Amiibo dropping it's rare item. Note: Epona is guaranteed to drop the first time you scan SSB Link, but it only ever happen once per save game. You should only summon Epona if you have access to a Stable to keep her permanently.
|Unlockable:||How to Unlock:|
|Biggorron's Sword||30th Anniversary Ocarina of Time Link|
|Epona||Super Smash Bros Link (1st Time only)|
|Hero's Shield||30th Anniversary Wind Waker Zelda|
|Hylian Shield||Breath of the Wild Zelda|
|Legend of Zelda Tunic||30th Anniversary 8-bit Link|
|Ocarina of Time Tunic||30th Anniversary Ocarina of Time Link|
|Sea-Breeze Boomerang||30th Anniversary Wind Waker Link or Super Smash Bros Toon Link|
|Shiek's Mask||Super Smash Bros Zelda or Super Smash Bros Shiek|
|Sword||30th Anniversary 8-bit Link|
|Sword of Six Sages||Super Smash Bros Ganondorf|
|Tunic of the Hero (Armor Set)||30th Anniversary 8-bit Link|
|Tunic of Time (Armor Set)||30th Anniversary Ocarina of Time Link|
|Twilight Princess Tunic||Super Smash Bros Link (2nd Time and Beyond)|
|Wind Waker Tunic||30th Anniversary Wind Waker Link or Super Smash Bros Toon Link|
If you know cheat codes, secrets, hints, glitches or other level guides for this game that can help others leveling up, then please Submit your Cheats and share your insights and experience with other gamers.
Normally after you defeat ganon, you can stillplay in that same save-file. For me it only takes me back to my last save file where I'm standing in front of the Sanctum and Ganon is still there. Is tha...
How to get all koroks in legend of zelda breth of the wild In a not normal way....
If an enemy hits my ancient shield with an ancient weapon. I know it's better when I do it to them, but what about when they do it to me?...
The fire, ice rods are found when you defeat the Wizzrobes they will drop them. I do believe. Just not sure how to kill them little flying faries...
How to beat that rock monster, what weapon?...
There is a chest in brynna plain that I can't open what is the secret...
After you get the four orbs where do you find the old man...
Stuck in this game? Ask a question below and let other gamers answer your question or view answers to previously asked questions. If you think you are an expert then please try to help others with their questions.